Author Topic: mcrobbie family  (Read 1494 times)

Offline raggyroo

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
mcrobbie family
« on: Tuesday 19 May 15 16:28 BST (UK) »
im looking for some help not even sure im posting in the right section. im looking for some help and in fo on a mcrobbie family that lived at 6 east Thomas street in 1954 I know this couple had 2 children but the mother of the children died at this address in 1954 and was trying to find out more on how she died eg if it could of been in a paper or any where as it said she died of coal gas poisning
thank you raggyroo

Offline shanghaipanda

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: mcrobbie family
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 19 May 15 17:08 BST (UK) »
Lots here about East Thomas St, but nothing really relevant to your query - but you may find it interesting if you have not already seen it.
http://www.edinphoto.org.uk/1_edin/1_edinburgh_history_-_recollections_east_thomas_street.htm

Offline raggyroo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 May 15 17:30 BST (UK) »
hi yes I have seen it and no one mentions the mcrobbie family at all which I find a bit strange but maybe thy didn't live their long I don't know but the 2 children would only been about 10 and 5 at the time of their mothers death.
thanks so much for trying to help me
raggyroo

Offline Midlad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 19 May 15 17:47 BST (UK) »

Hi ,
      Coal gas poisoning was quite common I have quite a few cases in my tree until the 1960's

One was a pot boiling over on the stove put the gas out he was found on the sofa

I don't think there will be anything in the local paper with it being quite common.

Was there no information  on the death cert. on mine there was the RCE which gave the relevant

information.

The only other thing I can suggest is you try the local newspaper at that time which were

The Scotsman , The Edinburgh Evening News and Dispatch.

midlad

Added :- I should also have said if you don't have the death certificate you can download it right away from Scotlands People   £7:00 for 30 credits as you have the year of death you should access it quite easily it is costs 6 credits to view and download each cert.

Offline raggyroo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 19 May 15 18:09 BST (UK) »
hi thank you so much for the info I do have the death cert from scotlands people and their was a RCE which states the time of death between 1:40pm and 5:45pm cause coal gas poisning (suicide) she was only 33
thanks raggyroo

Offline Midlad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 19 May 15 18:16 BST (UK) »

Hi
    My honest opinion and it is just mine I really don't think you will find anything in the local papers

as I said before it was quite common and I didn't want to say in my last post but 3 of mine were

suicide and they were mostly young women between 28 and 35 with young families.

You never know maybe someone somewhere will read this and know the families have you any

information on the children not that you can post that on here as they are most likely to be still

living .

Good Luck anyway sorry I can't help anymore.

midlad

Offline raggyroo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 19 May 15 19:35 BST (UK) »
thank you so much for all your help and putting some light on it for me
thanks raggyroo