Author Topic: aaron hughes  (Read 1893 times)

Offline jimmyboy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
aaron hughes
« on: Thursday 28 May 15 17:26 BST (UK) »
I been trying to find arron hughes  Birth April 1893 in  Aberdare, Glamorgan, Wales Death 8 August 1917 in  India frist world war I know he is on a Madras 1914-1918 War Memorial, Chennai I just found out that he had a grave stone found a record that his father signed for it how could I get I pic of the grave stone any help please jimmy

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: aaron hughes
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 May 15 18:16 BST (UK) »
He appears to be listed on a memorial wall - see http://www.twgpp.org/information.php?id=2958932

Although the Commonwealth War Graves COmmission site suggests a grave exists
http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/1465762/HUGHES,%20AARON

Father or mother? His next of kin on his service records is his mother Harriet Hughes and the records above suggest his father is deceased

If you have not seen the service records, he was serving in Mesepotamia and admitted to Amara Hospital with "abrasions, feet" then later transfered by boat to military hospital in India, where he died of malaria in Secunderabad.

Offline jimmyboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 May 15 18:33 BST (UK) »
wow thank you i sent for a pic but they only sent me a pic of the wall i didn't know till last week that he had agrave stone do you know were i can get his service records from i love to see them he was my grand uncle  service records, he was serving in Mesepotamia and admitted to Amara Hospital with "abrasions, feet" then later transfered by boat to military hospital in India, where he died of malaria in Secunderabad. i didn't know this thank you for your help jimmy

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 28 May 15 18:43 BST (UK) »
The service records are on Ancestry