Author Topic: PEARSON William John - searching for his service records.  (Read 4928 times)

Offline IMBER

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: PEARSON William John - searching for his service records.
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 31 May 15 09:09 BST (UK) »
Not easy to use. Use the link I gave you and on that page look for "Context of this record". Click on the bottom line beginning AIR78 - Air Ministry etc etc etc. On the new page there is a column of boxes on the right hand side. The first is AIR78/1 which lists all the airmen with surnames between Aageson and Agent. You will have to scroll down until you come to the range of surnames which will included all the Pearsons. Then you have to scroll through photographs of name index cards. It's all very laborious. All you will get from it is a name and a service number. You can use this information to order up records from the MOD. For example, my father is on there, but he is the only person of that name. Your problem is that there about five of the name you are looking for so which one is yours? I assume that numbers were issued logically in which casw the lowest number is the earliest date and the highest the latest. That way it might be possible to identify the numbers relating to the period in which your relative served I suppose. Someone might come along who knows how to do this. You could also seek advice from these helpful people:

http://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/research/research-enquiries.aspx

Imber
Skewis (Wales and Scotland), Ayers (Maidenhead, Berkshire), Hildreth (Berkshire)

Online Wiggy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • coloured by Gadget
    • View Profile
Re: PEARSON William John - searching for his service records.
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 31 May 15 09:23 BST (UK) »
Thanks IMBER - I will try again.   

Gaunt, Ransom, McNally, Stanfield, Kimberley. (Tasmania)
Brown, Johnstone, Eskdale, Brand  (Dumfriesshire,  Scotland)
Booth, Bruerton, Deakin, Wilkes, Kimberley
(Warwicks, Staffords)
Gaunt (Yorks)
Percy, Dunning, Hyne, Grigg, Farley (Devon, UK)
Duncan (Fife, Devon), Hugh, Blee (Cornwall)
Green, Mansfield, (Herts)
Cavenaugh, Ransom (Middlesex)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.