Author Topic: Look-up please Aberdare 1881-Charles Taylor, 22 undergardener born Wareham  (Read 3465 times)

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Hello
Can someone please do a look-up on the Aberdare 1881 census for the residents at Aberaman House.  I have a copy of the page (RG 11/5324) with the details for Charles Taylor, 22, undergardener, born Wareham, Dorsetshire and the other undergardeners etc, but unfortunately I forgot to collect the previous page to show who was in residence as Head of the household. 

I would appreciate details. Thanks

Regards 
anything and everything to do with the village of Brithdir, near New Tredegar in Gwent.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Look-up please Aberdare 1881-Charles Taylor, 22 undergardener born Wareham
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 02 June 15 14:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Roy,

The previous page is for houses in Forge Row. The only entries for Aberaman House are the ones above Charles Taylor on the same page - Elizabeth Jenkins and Mary Elizabeth James, both servants.

Deirdre
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 02 June 15 14:34 BST (UK) »
Roy, elsewehere on the census RG11 / 5324 there are a number of houses called Aberaman Houses (numbers 1-13) but I can't find any other entry for Aberaman House.

Deirdre
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 02 June 15 14:34 BST (UK) »
Is this what you are looking for Aberman House
Annie Jenkins head 10 Forge Row head widowed servant b1822 Mynddislwyn Monmouth
Elizabeth Jenkins dressmaker b same place
1848 daughter
Joseph Jenkins son b 1851 Aberdare weigher coal miner
William B Jenkins son b 1866 Henliss colliery Engine man driver
Elizabeth Jenkins servant widowed b Pembridge Hereford
Margaret James 1855 Breconshire servant
Gardiner Cottage
Charles Taylor Under Gardiner domestic
Fred Summers 1865 Oxfordshire same occupation
George Hoddinott b 1850 Bath Under Gardiner coachman
Fred Lewis 1866 Newcastle     Under Gardiner domestic
Rosie

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 02 June 15 15:10 BST (UK) »
Hello Deidre and Rosie
I was hoping to find George Elliot, colliery owner in residence.  Fred, one of the undergardeners is the son of George's niece whom I have located on the 1881 with all her children except for young Fred.  Aberaman House appears to be a big property and again I was hoping to find the owner at home.

Regards, Roy
anything and everything to do with the village of Brithdir, near New Tredegar in Gwent.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 02 June 15 15:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Roy, was John George Elliot 24 occ Colliery Manager his son, b Houghton le Spring, Durham if so he is.in Aberdare in 1881?
Census ref RG11/5325/77/1
Keyboard
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 02 June 15 15:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Keyboard
Yes he was a son of George Elliot, was he at Aberaman House?
Roy

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 02 June 15 16:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Roy, no he was a boarder at Aberffrwd Villa, Aberdare.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 02 June 15 16:08 BST (UK) »
Roy, do you have any details on George, age, where born etc. Quite a few George Elliot's in 1881 but none described as colliery owner.