Author Topic: DS Researchers Hull  (Read 14247 times)

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: DS Researchers Hull
« Reply #18 on: Monday 03 April 17 17:45 BST (UK) »

Up front, they do not have to tell you who(the case) that they are investigating.
If you sign up to have them work for you then expect to pay them a commission and you should also expect to pay a solicitor's fee (to them). Then and only then will they confirm the details of the estate.
They have already carried out sufficient research to align you with the deceased.
If, that is, their research was correct.
HeirHunters do not do this for free.

Ray

Just because they don't, doesn't make it right.

If anyone is contacted by an heir hunting  or probate genealogical company, google "heir hunters know your rights" and read the many articles that are listed before going any further.

If you are legally entitiled, the administrator has a legal duty to distribute your share to you.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 03 April 17 20:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Dawn

I didn't distinguish between right or wrong.
I was building up to the last sentence in my post.

Googling for answers may not get you the correct answer.
See Govt Legal Dept link below.
There is no substitute for your own proper legal advice, if you are at all unhappy.

See GLD link below for a better definition / davice.

Government Legal Dept should be the ones to talk to, in the first instance
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01jv4/

Ray
"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline alexanna

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 09:37 BST (UK) »
Ray you are not correct in what you say.

Just to give you a scenario :  A deceased man with an uncommon name has died, you find a birth in the database that fits, you find a marriage that fits, you find a daughter.  You check that there may have been a divorce so that fits, you find the daughter and ask her if her parents divorced, and if her father was born in the year that you have for the deceased.  She asks what it is all about and you tell her that you think it is her father that died, she asks when, you say about 6 months ago, then she tells you that she saw him 2 weeks ago!

So how can it be a good thing to tell somebody that a relative has died before you have purchased all the certificates that will prove or disprove that you have the correct family?  The researchers will only start to buy the certificates once they have a signed agreement from you.  Then if they are wrong then it has been at their expense as they took the risk.

All cases have to be administered and each case is different depending on what is involved, therefore the charges for administration are to the estate and not the person.

Please don't give out information about legal things when you are only guessing as this is not fair and it can confuse people.

A

Offline alexanna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 09:40 BST (UK) »
……with regards to the Government Legal Department, they deal only with Bona Vacantia cases.  That means ownerless property/goods.  So if somebody submits a fully documented claim to them, they will drop it like a ton of bricks and have no more to do with it, it is not their job.  They will only deal with it if there are NO relatives.

Offline alexanna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 09:46 BST (UK) »
……….the person who administers an intestate estate is a Personal Representative with a capital P and R.  Yes there is only one in the majority of cases.  They have a duty to make sure that distribution is only made to people that can prove their blood line and not to someone who says they are entitled because they are a relative.

A scenario:  4 children to the deceased man's estate.  2 have signed with a Researcher and 2 haven't, so is it correct that the other two are paid without proving through certificates that they are entitled?

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 11:38 BST (UK) »
Anna

I have given no legal advice.
What I repeat here, from my earlier post,  is . . . . .

"See Govt Legal Dept link below.
There is no substitute for your own proper legal advice, if you are at all unhappy."

The link ensures people are singing from the same song sheet, including me.
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01jv4/
which includes their definition  (  2nd para ) . . . . .

"The Bona Vacantia division (BVD) of the Government Legal Department administers the estates of people who die without blood relatives and without leaving a Will."

Ray

"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline alexanna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 05 April 17 10:19 BST (UK) »
Ray

Most contracts with a researcher advises that potential beneficiaries seek legal advice.

Also as I have said Bona Vacantia only administer estates where there are NO relatives as per their website.

A