Author Topic: Newspaper Lookup Pls - McKinlay  (Read 1250 times)

Offline DeeMacD

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Newspaper Lookup Pls - McKinlay
« on: Tuesday 09 June 15 19:49 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Hoping a kind person might look up an article on a drowning for me please.  Mrs Margaret McKinlay of Peggy's Mill Road, Haymarket, City of Edinburgh, died 22 Feb 1958, drowned in the River Almond.  She was last seen several days before & was the widow of Andrew McKinlay (a retired clerk with the Air Ministry).
Thankyou in advance Dee  :)
MacDonald - Fort William, Port Glasgow & Glasgow (Scotland): Casterton & Strathdownie (Australia).
Small - Port Glasgow, Scotland.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Newspaper Lookup Pls - McKinlay
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 June 15 17:27 BST (UK) »
Hoping a kind person might look up an article on a drowning for me please.  Mrs Margaret McKinlay of Peggy's Mill Road, Haymarket, City of Edinburgh, died 22 Feb 1958, drowned in the River Almond

Unfortunately the Scotsman online only goes to 1950, and I can't imagine this being reported in any of the papers that are available online.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline DeeMacD

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Newspaper Lookup Pls - McKinlay
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 16 June 15 06:12 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Thank you for your help anyway.
Dee  ;D
MacDonald - Fort William, Port Glasgow & Glasgow (Scotland): Casterton & Strathdownie (Australia).
Small - Port Glasgow, Scotland.