Author Topic: Pacy (also Pacey Pacie Pacye Pace Pasey), pre 1700 Nottinghamshire  (Read 4436 times)

Offline TrishaG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Pacy (also Pacey Pacie Pacye Pace Pasey), pre 1700 Nottinghamshire
« on: Thursday 11 June 15 21:48 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I'm researching this name (and all it's variants)and it's connection to my tree from the mid 1500's up to around 1700.It's very patchy so I'ld love to get in contact with anyone who is researching the same name and share what I've got with them.

Trisha :) :)

Offline bradburyd

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Pacy(also Pacey,Pacie,Pacye,Pace,Pasey),pre 1700 Nottinghamshire
« Reply #1 on: Friday 12 June 15 17:19 BST (UK) »
In my tree I have Elizabeth Pacie m. John Bateman on 13 Jan 1704 at Normanton on Trent, Notts.

Offline TrishaG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 13 June 15 00:16 BST (UK) »
Hi,
thanks for the info.
I've had a look at my Phillimore's marriage cd for Notts and she's the Only Pacie(or any variant of the name )in the register-although it does only start in 1673.Do you know where she came from and who her parents are?
Although I was born in Holbeach it seems my grandparents were born in Elston,Notts and over 200 years only moved a few miles down the road from Flintham.I think they may still be there in the 16th century.However in my quest to find them I happened to trawl through the marriage cd of both Lincs and Notts,longhand (never meant to do it ,it just seemed to grow!)and ended up with a small database of my own o fmarriages,some baptisms and burials which when collated started to show how the Paceys were spread out over the Midlands from Tudor times to c 1740ish.
.It turn's out very few of them seem(from present research) to be found west of Nottingham in Tudor times and most of them seem to be concentrated around Thurlby and Carlton.So anything early from that area is very interesting.Finding out who belongs to which family when they do pop up,from any era, like your Elizabeth Pacie would be very useful.Hope I havn't waffled too much :-[

Trisha :) :)

Offline bradburyd

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 13 June 15 17:26 BST (UK) »
I too have amassed a lot of information on the Pacies (with variants), mainly in Notts (approx. 550 baptisms & 500 marriages).  I haven't found a baptism for Elizabeth as yet.  Are you looking for anyone in particular?

Offline TrishaG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 14 June 15 13:45 BST (UK) »
Hi,
You sound worse than me with your Pacey name " collection".(deeply impressed by the way and a little envious).Where have you found yours come from?Perhaps we're connected.
I'm looking for a few people actually.

I'm looking for a marriage of a Thomas Pacie/Pacye(obviously with all of these all the name variants are in play) to an Alice somewhere between 1704-1716-somewhere in the Flintham/Sibthorpe area,although I suppose it might be further afield.Desperate to know,if you have any info on him especially if he was a widower otherwise all my suppositions go out of the window a bit-lol
Also
Any info on Ann or Katherine Pacy born 1716 and 1718 respectively in Sibthorpe.Don't know who they married or anything else about them.They are the daughters of the above couple.

Do you have any info on any Thomas Pacy's born in Flintham/Sibthorpe area between 1770-c 1796

Further back,have you ever found out anything about a John Pacy who married a Marcye Crosland in Flintham in 1627.All I know is that he is the father of a Thomas Pacy b 1641 and that his father is called Robert.I'm not sure if either he or his father were born in Flintham.

Is there anyone you might be looking for.(Somehow I doubt it with 1000+ names!!-but you never know.

I look forward to hearing from you,
Best wishes,
Trisha. :) :) :)

Offline bradburyd

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 14 June 15 16:33 BST (UK) »
The only ones I can help with are :

- "Thomas Pacy's born in Flintham/Sibthorpe area between 1770-c 1796".  This might be the Thomas Pacy born and bapt. 26th June 1780 at East Stoke to William Pacy and Alice Wakefield.  William and Alice were married at East Stoke 20th May 1777.  William was a Weaver.  If you think this is relevant I have many more related Pacys in East Stoke.

- "John Pacy who married a Marcye Crosland in Flintham in 1627." This might be the John Pacie bapt. 29th Sept. 1592 at Flintham, son of Robert.

My only interest is the Elizabeth Pacie who m. John Bateman.

Hope this helps.

Offline TrishaG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 14 June 15 17:10 BST (UK) »
Hi,
thanks for replying.
The info on John is extremely relevant and incredibly helpful.Could you just tell me where the info came from?
However I've realised I've been an idiot.I obviously put down 1770-96 when I meant 1670-96-sorry I wasted your time :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[(and I even read over the post as well-even more embarrassing).
I'm taking it that you didn't find the Thomas and Alice marriage?I'm beginning to think they must have married elsewhere,perhaps Lincs.I did ,in trawling Lincs Phillimore, come across a Marriage for a Thomas Pacy to an Alice Redess in Waddington in 1704 but that seemed so far away.However they do vanish from Waddington P.R's afterwards.

I do have some queries about the Pacy's from East Stoke.I will write later.

Thanks for the help again.
Trisha :) :) :) :)

Offline bradburyd

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 14 June 15 17:35 BST (UK) »
No, I don't have any info on a Thomas/Alice marriage.

There is a Thomas Pacy bapt. at Flintham 27 Sept. 1677, parents Thomas & Ann Pacy.

The East Stoke information is from a search of the parish register copy at the Society of Genealogists.  I am a member, and they have copies of nearly all the Nottinghamshire parish registers.

Offline TrishaG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 14 June 15 20:27 BST (UK) »
Hi again,
thanks for the reply.
I've managed to get my East Stoke/Elston Pacy relatives (at least as far as 1721)fairly well sorted out.
I've been trying to find out about William ,a son of William Pacey and Alice Wakefield b East Stoke c 1778(may have died 1809) as well as the 2 daughters of Richard Pacy and Alice Plumber,Hannah and Sarah ,b East Stoke in 1809 and 1811 respectively.
Do you have any info on any of these people?

I really am very grateful for your help on this.
Many thanks,
Trisha :) :) :)