Author Topic: SPICER - HILTON  (Read 4430 times)

Offline Geoff-E

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: SPICER - HILTON
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 13 June 15 09:01 BST (UK) »
Other Children to GEORGE/SARAH;
JOSEPH/HYLTON SpiZer, 4 Sept 1843, St Wulfrum, Grantham to George/Sarah, Labourer, abode Spittlegate
LOUISA Spicer, 1 June 1845, St John, Colsterworth to George/Sarah,Labourer,  abode Colsterworth

There was a burial 25 April 1843 at Grantham of Betsey (2) which could have been the babe at Eagle in 1841. (FreeREG)

Finding these events at Colsterworth and Grantham makes me a bit happier about accepting George from South Stoke, as Stoke (Rochford) is 5 miles south of Grantham and 2 miles north of Colsterworth (as Eagle is 25 miles north of South Stoke). Map- http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=491860&Y=329410&A=Y&Z=126
Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days alive.

Offline Cathy31907

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 14 June 15 03:46 BST (UK) »
Thank you to everyone who were so kind to help me.  I am the family of Joseph Hilton Spicer.  He and his sister settled in Mississippi after coming to America through New Orleans.  I have 10 generations documented here.  So sad that William and his wife lost 3 children, but so glad to see that family remains in England.  Maybe we will connect one day.  Also, what was the AgLab mentioned on the census?  That's where everyone seemed to work.

Offline Geoff-E

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 14 June 15 10:13 BST (UK) »
AgLab was Agricultural Labourer :)
Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days alive.