Author Topic: "Oatlands" Priory Rd. Hornsey Middlesex. (1919)  (Read 5177 times)

Offline ankerpep_52

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
"Oatlands" Priory Rd. Hornsey Middlesex. (1919)
« on: Saturday 20 June 15 22:37 BST (UK) »
My Grt Grandmother died at "Oatlands" on Priory Rd in Dec 1919. Was this a Nursing home or a residence? Also could you provide the address on Priory Rd. Is it still there? and lastly, are there any records available as to length of her stay and any personal information regarding her condition?  I am in Canada and notable to visit UK. Thank you in advance for your help. Janet    ankerpep_52.
BOKOTA-Hampshire & Surrey/ SI(Y)MONDS-Kent, Ldn PAPANICOLAOU-Hampshire /HARTLEY- Derby&Ldn/ SMITH-Ldn/ COLE-Hants & Ldn/ CREED-Berks, Ldn, Oxfordshire/ BRADLEY, DOCWRA & LAND- Islington &Kent/  HUMPHERSTON-Ldn./ ALLEN-Ldn & Surrey/ DOWNEY & DAVIDSON & FITCHARD-NBL & Durham, HARTLEY-Montreal QC Canada
RASMUSSEN-Storring Arhus,& SORENSEN,& JENSEN- Veng,& Hjelmslev, Skanderborg Denmark/HANSEN-Fejo,Fuglse,Maribo,DK

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: "Oatlands" Priory Rd. Hornsey Middlesex. (1919)
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 20 June 15 23:20 BST (UK) »
What exactly does it say on the death certificate? For instance on my great grandmother's certificate it gives where she died which I know was a hospital, but also says "Usual address" and gives that. Where was she in 1911?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline fastfusion

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 20 June 15 23:21 BST (UK) »
**** I think you may find it was called OAKLANDS

Offline MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 20 June 15 23:31 BST (UK) »

**** I think you may find it was called OAKLANDS

What makes you say that please?

I can see a William Charles BUCKLAND there on the London Electoral Register for 1914.

Maureen

Offline fastfusion

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 20 June 15 23:57 BST (UK) »
Hi was your ancestor possibly a Servant at this house, as Priory Road was and still is an affluent housing area, it could be in 1901 Oakland/s with a Margaret Clark 50 and Oatland/s with William C Buckland later?
Keyboard86

Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 21 June 15 02:04 BST (UK) »
 :) Oh yes,I see what you mean re:Marg. Clark,Keyboard.

We do need more info from Janet.

Maureen

Offline ankerpep_52

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 22 June 15 21:30 BST (UK) »
What exactly does it say on the death certificate? For instance on my great grandmother's certificate it gives where she died which I know was a hospital, but also says "Usual address" and gives that. Where was she in 1911?
When & Where she died, "Oatlands" Priory Road (Hornsey) age 85, Eleventh December 1919.her daughterC. Obery, was at this address at her death. Registration Dist. Edmonton. No mistaking "Oatlands". In 1911 She, her husband and a daughter were liing 136 Huddleston Rd, Tufnell Park N.The Death cert. did not state 'Usual address". My grandfather died May 1916 @ 86 Rathcoole Gardens, Hornsey, and the same daughter was present at same address at his death. I do not have a will or ltr of admin showing what $$$ was left over after each death. Not sure how to do that.   Hope this extra info helps to answer my querie.  Thanks   Janet

BOKOTA-Hampshire & Surrey/ SI(Y)MONDS-Kent, Ldn PAPANICOLAOU-Hampshire /HARTLEY- Derby&Ldn/ SMITH-Ldn/ COLE-Hants & Ldn/ CREED-Berks, Ldn, Oxfordshire/ BRADLEY, DOCWRA & LAND- Islington &Kent/  HUMPHERSTON-Ldn./ ALLEN-Ldn & Surrey/ DOWNEY & DAVIDSON & FITCHARD-NBL & Durham, HARTLEY-Montreal QC Canada
RASMUSSEN-Storring Arhus,& SORENSEN,& JENSEN- Veng,& Hjelmslev, Skanderborg Denmark/HANSEN-Fejo,Fuglse,Maribo,DK

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 22 June 15 21:47 BST (UK) »
You can see if a will was left by using this site

https://www.gov.uk/search-will-probate

If the daughter is given at the same address it sounds as if it was their residence, otherwise the daughter's address would be different.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk