Author Topic: Henrietta Lineham 1865,Sunderland.  (Read 2686 times)

Offline tobyma123

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Henrietta Lineham 1865,Sunderland.
« on: Thursday 25 June 15 16:05 BST (UK) »
Hello all perhaps someone could help, I am researching my second cousins family.
Thomas Lineham born in 1835 Wyberton Linc's he was a fisherman later a river pilot.
Married Louisa Wilkinson in 1856 Fosdyke Linc's  they had a very large family 12 children.
He was away a lot (census) I have found all children (baptism's) but Henrietta's.
Her birth is registered in Sunderland 1865 however I cannot see Louisa following her husband
all the way up there and leaving all the children behind.
I somehow think that Louisa was not her mother?.
Does anyone have access to the church registers of Sunderland as I can't find her on A.
the well known site or a baptism for Linc's.
Any idea's would be gratefully received.
    regards tobyma123. :)
James William Chappell is now James William Grantham ,Elizebeth Hill Grantham .Lincolnshire.Mary Jane Morgan 1842 born in Overton Flintshire Wales.Ann Morgan 1831 both wives of William Morgan 1829 Worcester.John Dowley 1858 Wellington Salop.Thomas Tole or Toal Selena Mac Masters born in Scotland but lived in county Down NIreland born about 1790.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Henrietta Lineham 1865,Sunderland.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 June 15 16:25 BST (UK) »
A copy of her birth cert will give her parents names

they had a very large family 12 children.

In 1871 Louisa is with her father but only 3 children are shown - including Henrietta.  Eldest is 13 which ties in with an 1856 marriage then Henrietta 6 and John 9mths.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline tobyma123

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 25 June 15 16:44 BST (UK) »
Hello Carol w  if Henrietta was born out of wedlock but Thomas was her father  would this still be the case? as my gregrandads birth cert does not show his father.
He was baptised by the Boston Union where he was born(workhouse) and his mothers name.
I was hoping to get a baptism maybe with Thomas as father and mothers name or a Henrietta
in that area 1865.
The name was not used that much looking at records I have also tried non conformist no luck.
It does seem a bit odd.
James William Chappell is now James William Grantham ,Elizebeth Hill Grantham .Lincolnshire.Mary Jane Morgan 1842 born in Overton Flintshire Wales.Ann Morgan 1831 both wives of William Morgan 1829 Worcester.John Dowley 1858 Wellington Salop.Thomas Tole or Toal Selena Mac Masters born in Scotland but lived in county Down NIreland born about 1790.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 25 June 15 17:01 BST (UK) »
if Henrietta was born out of wedlock but Thomas was her father  would this still be the case?

Unless you invest in a copy of her birth cert it would be impossible to say.

I am still puzzled by the 12 children you say they had.  In 1861, Louisa is aged 21 and again with her father and only has one child - Sarah - aged 3.  Did the other children die in infancy as I can only see 2 Lineham deaths in the Boston RD which is where Louisa was living in 1861 and 1871
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline tobyma123

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 25 June 15 19:09 BST (UK) »
Hello Carol w thank you for your prompt replies the only burial's that I have found are,
Elizabeth Ann born Dec 1856 -burial Nov 1857 All saints Fosdyke  and Thomas born Oct 1869
burial Oct 1870 Fosdyke.
The name Thomas was used again for another child March 1876(bap).
All children are Fosdyke but not Henrietta.
The baptism's are all on free reg.

Offline SnowyHog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 01 March 16 11:48 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Henrietta was born in Sunderland as her Mother may have moved there, since her brother (Henrietta's Uncle) Robert Wilkinson moved there from the the 1860's to mid 1870's. His children where also born there, and a few more in Southampton.

From memory Henrietta married a Samuel Hall, and lived in Pilot Row on the 1891 or 1901 census in Fosdyke.

There is a documentary on the Lineham family on Youtube, I think it was made in the early 1970's.

Hope this helps.

Offline tobyma123

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 10 March 16 12:12 GMT (UK) »
Hello SnowyHog thank you for your reply you are a gem.
I had almost given up on that.
However why would there be a documentary about them? did they become famous
or something I am intrigued.

Offline SnowyHog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 10 March 16 12:33 GMT (UK) »
Hello Tobyma123,

I suppose today you would call it a reality tv documentary, I think its 40 plus years old.

There is also a death of a Charles Lineham during WW1 in 1915, who Father was a John Lineham from Fosdyke, I dont think its the same John who was with my Great x3 Grandad on the 1871 census in Fosdyke, but could be a Cousin or Uncle.

Pilots Row is visable on the old maps, if you use the https://www.old-maps.co.uk website you will see where they where. Long since demolished, and faded into history.

https://youtu.be/mNZMhrXxY-M

All the best,

Snowyhog.

Offline tobyma123

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 10 March 16 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello SnowyHog thank you for your help and info.
   regards tobyma123 ;D