Author Topic: Translate birth record in French  (Read 1606 times)

Offline SarahJane17

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Translate birth record in French
« on: Tuesday 30 June 15 15:28 BST (UK) »
I was wondering if someone could help me translate this birth record from 1806 in Cherbourg, France.  It is for Pierre Le herissier.

Thank you!!!!!
CROSS
MCMILLAN
STANLEY
CATTERMOLE
LE HERISSIER
SALMON
GAUNT
PHILLIPS
MARTIN
MCMAHON

Offline leen

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Translate birth record in French
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 30 June 15 17:17 BST (UK) »

The year 1806, the 31th January at 3 o’clock in the afternoon, before us, Mayor, Officer of the Civil Registration of the city Cherbourg, departement of Manche, hase appeared : Thomas René Louis Le Herissier, wooden shoe maker, 35 years old, living at Cherbourg, who has shown us a child of the male gender born today in this city at 3 o’clock in the morning, from him the declarant and from Bonne Catherine Le (Métais / Mélais ?), his wife, 39 years old, and to which child he has declared he want to give the first name : Pierre, this declaration and presentation was done in the presence of François Le Herissier,  (toilier / cloth maker ?), 31 years old and Jean François Le Cointre, (toilier / cloth maker ?), 58 years old, both adult , living in Cherbourg, and the said father and witnesses have signed this birth certificate with us after it was read to them.

I think mother’s name  is Le Métais, but I’m not sure
Leen

Barnes  -  Bezzell  -  O'Farell  -  Smith - Pluquet
Belgium - France - Calcutta  -  Essex  -  Exeter  -  Harlesden  -  Newcastle Upon Tyne  -  Tavistock  -  Willesden

Offline SarahJane17

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 30 June 15 17:49 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much!!!!
CROSS
MCMILLAN
STANLEY
CATTERMOLE
LE HERISSIER
SALMON
GAUNT
PHILLIPS
MARTIN
MCMAHON

Offline SarahJane17

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 30 June 15 18:18 BST (UK) »
Anyway you could translate this other birth record as well?  It is from the same family.
CROSS
MCMILLAN
STANLEY
CATTERMOLE
LE HERISSIER
SALMON
GAUNT
PHILLIPS
MARTIN
MCMAHON

Offline leen

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 30 June 15 21:15 BST (UK) »
mother’s name is Le Metais, that’s for sure

The year 1807, the 30e October at 3 o’clock in the afternoon, before us, Mayor, Officer of the Civil Registration of the city Cherbourg, departement of Manche, # Thomas René Louis Le Herissier, wooden shoe maker, 35 years old, living in Cherbourg, who has shown us a child of the  female gender, born today # # in this city # at half past twelfe (noon), from him the declarant and from Bonne Catherine Metais, his wife, 41 years old, and to which child he has declared he want to give the first names of Pauline Virginie. Thise declaration and presentation was done in the presence of Francois Le Herissier, cloth maker, 42 years old and Charles Le Carpentier, sacristan, 50 years old, both adult , living in Cherbourg, and the said father and witnesses have signed this birth certificate with us after it was read to them.  # hase appeared #  the words in this city between the lines approved.

Leen
Belgium - France - Calcutta  -  Essex  -  Exeter  -  Harlesden  -  Newcastle Upon Tyne  -  Tavistock  -  Willesden

Offline SarahJane17

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 01 July 15 01:45 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much!  It has helped immensely :)

I came across the birth record for Pierre's son in Cherbourg 1851.  At some point they went back to France for his birth.  If you have a chance, do you mind translating this document as well?

Thanks again,
Sarah
CROSS
MCMILLAN
STANLEY
CATTERMOLE
LE HERISSIER
SALMON
GAUNT
PHILLIPS
MARTIN
MCMAHON

Offline leen

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 01 July 15 16:39 BST (UK) »

The year 1851, the 8th January at 11 o’clock in the morning. Before us Joseph Etienne Ludé, mayor, Officer of the Civil Registration of the city Cherbourg (Manches) hase appeared : Pierre Jean François Leherissier, day labourer, 40 years old, who has shown us a child of the male gender, born yesterday morning at 11 o’clock in his house located in this city, Rue Hélain, from him the declarant and from Bonne Leflambe, his wife, 30 years old, and to which child he declared he want to give the first names of : Réné Moïse; this declaration and presentation was done in the presence of Réné Jean Blanc, 51 years old and Martin Dominique Lesept, 60 years old , both (navy guards ?), living in this city; and the said father and witnesses have signed this cert with us after the reading.

I have to disappoint you ; thé Pierre le Herissier is not the right one, he died 8 months after his birth (6 months old according the cert):

http://recherche.archives.manche.fr/?id=viewer&doc=accounts%2Fmnesys_ad50%2Fdatas%2Fir%2Fetat_civil%2FFRAD050_etat_civil.xml&page_ref=199819&lot_num=1&img_num=316

Death cert of Pierre Le Herissier
The year 1806, the 10th October at 10 o’clock in the morning
Before us Mayor, Officer of the Civil Registration of the city Cherbourg, departement of Manche, have appeared : Francois Le Herissier, cloth maker, 41 years old, cousin of the deceased and Jean Francois Le Couter, cloth maker, 55 years old, not related, bove adult, living in cherbourg, which have declared to us that Pierre Le Herissier, 6 months old, born in Cherbourg, son of René Thomas Louis Le Herissier, wooden shoe maker and of Bonne Le Mettais, his father and mother, living in Cherbourg;  died today at 9 o’clock in the morning in the house of his father and mother, located in this city Rue Christine number 39, section du midi. And the declarants have signed this cert with us, after it was read to them.

Leen

Offline SarahJane17

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 02 July 15 15:35 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for the translations, they have helped so much.  I appreciate the heads up on Pierre.  I will keep searching for him :)

Sarah
CROSS
MCMILLAN
STANLEY
CATTERMOLE
LE HERISSIER
SALMON
GAUNT
PHILLIPS
MARTIN
MCMAHON

Offline SarahJane17

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 02 July 15 16:38 BST (UK) »
I had some help and I think we have found some more information on Pierre.  We believe this is his birth record and also a marriage to Charlotte Euphrosine VAULTIER.

Thanks,

Sarah :)
CROSS
MCMILLAN
STANLEY
CATTERMOLE
LE HERISSIER
SALMON
GAUNT
PHILLIPS
MARTIN
MCMAHON