Author Topic: Denis John Williams - Death in 1982  (Read 4243 times)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Denis John Williams - Death in 1982
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 16 July 15 20:35 BST (UK) »
With so few hard facts plus you state there is no father listed on his marriage certificate it would suggest that Denis was perhaps born illegitimately.   

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ejones4765

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 16 July 15 20:53 BST (UK) »
Thanks Annette, I will now pass this on to my friend.

Dewi

Offline djw4564

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 01 September 15 23:00 BST (UK) »
I am the son of Denis John Williams, and His only descendant. I have not given permission for my recent family history to be discussed on line by a bunch of individuals with nothing better to do and I would be grateful if you could stop infringing my right to privacy. I will be referring any further comments to the Information Commissioner for England and Wales, in connection with the Data Protection Act, and i strongly suggest that you confine your discussions on this forum to persons that dies more than a century ago.
I have no interest in family history and consider it a complete and utter waste of time.

Offline djw4564

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 01 September 15 23:25 BST (UK) »
With so few hard facts plus you state there is no father listed on his marriage certificate it would suggest that Denis was perhaps born illegitimately.   

Annette

Annette - how would you like it if i suggested that your father was a bastard? You are talking about my fathere here, what gives you (and all of the other losers on this site)the right  to discuss my closest family.

Offline djw4564

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 01 September 15 23:33 BST (UK) »
Although online trees (2) don't state it presumably Annie Grace Davies had been married before!

The marriage is given as 3/4/1963 Conwy, Gwynedd - and the details are:

John D. Williams (not Denis J.) married to Annie G Varey (although the only likely earlier marriage I can see is for an Anne G. Davies who married a Charles H. Varey in Chapel le Frith, Derbyshire in 1946).

So, as he married as John D. should we be looking for a birth entry as John D. rather than Denis J. (his birthdate given as 30/9/1918 but the Denis the trees link to was a plain Denis born a year later??).

Annette
      When my birth was FIRST  registered  my dad only gave me a first name with a surname.      But  he added a middle name subsequently. probably  within three months, I believe.   
What the hell has my Father and Mother got to do with you? You are discussing my immediate family history. Why dont you find something else to occupy your tiny minds, or could you not at least realise that someone who died in 1982, or my mother Annie Grace, who died only 4 years ago have living relatives who might be offended by your so called 'research'

Offline djw4564

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 01 September 15 23:35 BST (UK) »
Hello Heatherjulie, annette7 and scouseboy,

I've posted a reply in the Caernarfonshire board, and will limit myself to that board from now on so as not to confuse matters.  But just wanted to respond to your helpful comments made here.

heatherjulie - I have his marriage cert, but there is no father listed.  There is another bit of family lore that states his father 'was killed by the general strike'.  Never really understood what that meant.  But he would have been dead by the time of his son's marriage.

Annette7 - thanks for all your helpful comments.  Denis John Williams was married twice, but not certain Annie Grace Davies was, so think the alt listing you found may not be her.  But it can't be ruled out.

Scouseboy - I agree over names.  I've seen him also listed Dennis John and just Denis.  We are also looking for a brother Derek, Derrick, or Eric. 

All seems vague, but it's all we have to go on.

Dewi
Please stop discussing my mother and father on line.

Offline ejones4765

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 02 September 15 10:49 BST (UK) »
I apologise for the late reply and any offence caused. I was doing the research on behalf of a friend who does not have rootschat. The gentleman's name you need to contact is Mr Bob Jones, his email is (*)
I will not post anything on this matter again I promise you.

Regards
Dewi Jones

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.