Author Topic: Flynn's of Annacrievy, Enniskerry  (Read 4410 times)

Offline crusoepjd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Flynn's of Annacrievy, Enniskerry
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 21 August 16 19:56 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I just googled Flynn and Annacrivey and came across your post. I just joined today so I could respond. Thomas Flynn is my great-great grandfather. Thomas had a son Henry, my great grandfather, which I don't know if you know about.
I'm very much a novice when it comes to genealogy but might be able to fill some gaps for you and hopefully vice versa.

I just had a brief look at some of your posts and also notice you are related to Doyles. My mother was told she had Doyle relations but we have yet to find any link.

Offline AlanR83

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Flynn's of Annacrievy, Enniskerry
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 21 August 16 21:02 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Thank you for posting, I do know that Thomas had a son Henry Flynn - baptised March 30, 1859 in Enniskerry Parish, Wicklow, I know that he married a woman called Jane and he is listed with his family in the 1901 census as a Coachman at Pembroke Row, Fitzwilliam, Dublin. in the 1911 census he is listed as a Groom at living at House 3 in Pembroke Row, Fitzwilliam, Dublin. By 1911 Henry & Jane had 5 children - Mary (1896), Christina (1899), Elizabeth (1903), Jane (1906) & Henry James Flynn (1908). Does this sound correct to you?

If this Henry Flynn is your Great Grandfather then you are related to Doyle's as Henry's eldest sister Maria Flynn married a Christopher Doyle in 1873. Christopher Doyle & Maria Flynn are my Great Great Grandparents.

I am very much looking to know more about the Flynn family and where Thomas Flynn and his wife Maria Anna Brown are buried?

FYI - if you wish to send me a private message through this site, you need to post 3 times publicly before the site will allow you to do this.