Author Topic: Birth Cert. Anne Campell, Jan. 28 1904 to Jan. 2 2000  (Read 3552 times)

Offline Hard Luck

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Birth Cert. Anne Campell, Jan. 28 1904 to Jan. 2 2000
« on: Saturday 04 July 15 06:08 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find information, starting with a birth certificate, for a relative.

She was named Anne (Annie) Campbell and born Jan. 28, 1904. Her son said she lived in Co Down, possibly Kilkeel, although I don't know that she was born there, but she was born in Ireland. Her parents were Robert Campbell and Margaret Annett. She emigrated to the US, date unknown. She married James Wilson McCubbin (b. 1902 in Scotland?). They lived and worked in Rhode Island so were probably married there. Later they lived in New York and had a daughter named Annebelle and a son named George (b. Nov. 28, 1929 in Manhattan, NY). After James McCubbin died she re-married William DeLorey, probably in New York. Anne (Campbell) DeLorey died in Clallam County, Washington on Jan. 2, 2000 and is buried in (Poughkeepsie area?) New York.

Any hints on finding her birth certificate or two marriage certificates? I am completely new to this.

Thanks.

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Birth Cert. Anne Campell, Jan. 28 1904 to Jan. 2 2000
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 July 15 06:45 BST (UK) »

... I am trying to find information, starting with a birth certificate, for a relative ...

Looks like GRONI online has it, date of birth as you stated, mother's maiden name Annett, registered in Kilkeel registration district, choosing the "Full" viewing option for £2 lets you see a digitised image:

https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk/

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 04 July 15 07:07 BST (UK) »
Robert Campbell married Margaret Jane Annett in Warrenpoint Presbyterian Church on 19 November 1889, his father was James Campbell, hers was John Annett, should you need it, GRONI online has the civil record of marriage.

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 04 July 15 07:16 BST (UK) »
If it helps, in his petition for naturalization, James Wilson McCubbin says he married Anne on 7 January 1828 at Yonkers, NY and that he first arrived in the USA in 1924.

Offline Hard Luck

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 04 July 15 07:46 BST (UK) »
Gaffy,

It is late where I am and time for bed, but I will follow your links tomorrow. Thank you so much for your expertise and efforts. This is already more information than I was able to find in many hours of looking, and so helpful.

~Hard Luck

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 04 July 15 11:00 BST (UK) »
Hard Luck, belated welcome, I've just realised you are new to RootsChat.  :)

I'm just wondering if it is worth you posting under the United States area of the website for the two marriages and indeed any other information you might like to ask about at the American end (ie. after Anne Campbell emigrated), the folk that frequent that area have great knowledge and experience. 

Of course, the big thing to avoid is duplication, perhaps you could ask for information about the marriages but mention that you have already asked about the Irish end and provide a link to this thread. As always, other opinions welcome from other readers on the best way of doing this.

Edited to add:  BTW, in looking at the information you provided I came up with a slightly unflattering story about a James W. McCubbin in 1941 on the Old Fulton website, maybe you have it, if not, just search for that name here: http://fultonhistory.com/Fulton.html

Likewise you may have it, but I came across this 1973 death notice for William DeLorey here:

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01fll/

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 04 July 15 11:19 BST (UK) »
James McCubbin, wife Anna & 2 children living in Poughkeepsie, Dutchess, N.Y. in 1940. They were in Summerville, Somerset, N.J. in 1935 and in 1930 living in Manhattan (Annie to U.S. 1925).

She died as Anne DeLorey and is buried at St. Denis Cemetery, Hopewell Junction (about 10 miles or so southeast of Poughkeepsie)- 2nd husband William buried with her-
www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=116872834&ref=acom
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 04 July 15 12:12 BST (UK) »
On the Ireland side of your family, the other thing that strikes me is how localised the "Annett" name is in Griffiths Valuation, have a look here:

http://www.askaboutireland.ie/griffith-valuation/index.xml?action=nameSearch