Author Topic: How to contact a certain website?  (Read 4139 times)

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
How to contact a certain website?
« on: Wednesday 08 July 15 16:35 BST (UK) »
A couple of days ago, I fell upon a website entitled something like "Research of Margaret E Macculloch and David J Hall" - and was intrigued to find quite a lot of my family there, including some errors.
 As a matter of courtesy I thought "Oh, I'll just get in contact and correct that - because I know who the other person they've confused him with is, and if people follow that they will go in the wrong direction..." - but search as I will, I can't seem to find any way to contact them.
Their last updates seem to be last year - and oddly, as far as it concerns my lot, most of it otherwise is fairly correct, I noted, unlike several online trees.
       Has anyone any idea who I may be able to contact them?
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: How to contact a certain website?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 08 July 15 16:49 BST (UK) »
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~macculloch/
At the bottom of the page are the names 'Margaret & David Hall'.
Click on that and an email to them will open  :D
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 08 July 15 16:50 BST (UK) »
I think this is one of their pages? http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~macculloch/master_index.htm

The contact email link at the bottom right doesn't work on all browsers but the code behind it gives some clues as to their email address. Will send you a PM rather than publish it here.
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 08 July 15 16:52 BST (UK) »
Thanks, I think I'd tried a contact yesterday that didn't contact. I'd appreciate the message.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 08 July 15 16:54 BST (UK) »
I click on the link at the bottom of the page I mentioned in reply #1 and an email to them opens immediately.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 08 July 15 17:05 BST (UK) »
It wouldn't open for me in Chrome. I had a little bit more success with IE when it prompted me to open the "mailto" link in either Chrome or Sea Monkey. I must have a file association glitch I think ( my email client is Outlook ).   

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 08 July 15 17:17 BST (UK) »
Thank you, ShaunJ for your message. I've sent an e-mail to the address you provided, and I'll let you know if I do get any response. Thank you all for your helpfulness.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 09 July 15 19:50 BST (UK) »
Sent an e-mail to the address you sent me, ShaunJ, and got a courteous reply back today accepting the correction. Thank you for your help. There's one fewer error out there now.

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 09 July 15 21:39 BST (UK) »
Now there's a rare success.