Author Topic: Lucy Margaret Power (1814-  (Read 1463 times)

Offline beatrice834

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lucy Margaret Power (1814-
« on: Friday 17 July 15 17:30 BST (UK) »
I have the basic information I need for the baptism of the above, 23 December 1814, South Shields St Hilda, father Robert, mother Ann (via Ancestry/IGI) but need to know the maiden name of her mother and her father's profession if possible, to ensure I have the right link.
I have tried the Durham County Record Office but get no result with her name, although there must be an original document.  Also tried FreeReg without success.
Can anyone help, please?
Minta, Wadeson (Lincs) Leeson, Staniforth (Leics) Wain (Lincs)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Lucy Margaret Power (1814-
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 July 15 17:47 BST (UK) »
Have you tried familysearch  ;)

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-267-11776-107116-85?cc=1309819&wc=9K53-VZ9:13618101,31403701,31531801

Right hand page - also baptism for Charles Power
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline beatrice834

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 17 July 15 18:38 BST (UK) »
Wow, what a speedy reply, and exactly what I wanted.  I had picked up Charles already as what looked like a sibling, but this is proof.  Some vicars put in birth dates, but not in this case. Many, many  thanks.  I looked at Family Search (which I call IGI) but it said no image available.  I think they have a connection with Find My Past, to which you have to subscribe to see the images?  You have been a great help. 
Happy researching!

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 17 July 15 19:08 BST (UK) »
You don't have to subscribe to FindmyPast to see the images of the Bishop's Transcripts, they are on https://familysearch.org/search/collection/1309819

Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 17 July 15 19:45 BST (UK) »
I looked at Family Search (which I call IGI) but it said no image available.

and that is correct as the transcription entry you saw was from the Parish Registers. The image  rosie99 found for you is the Bishops Transcript. The original registers were copied each year and sent off to the Diocese HQ.

If it helps, I usually search the database first, find the name, parish and date, then go to the BTs images (the link Stanmapstone provided). You can narrow it down to Parish, but then you have to page through to find the year you want then page through till you find the entry.

Great resource though and you get all the details that are available.

Boo

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 18 July 15 11:58 BST (UK) »
If I have the right Marriage for Charles his Father is down as William Robert Power, Occp Comedian or musician?;

17 July 1837, Parish Chapel, St Pancras, Camden.
Charles POWER, 21 and upwards, Bachelor, Grocer, Father WILLIAM ROBERT Power, Comedian
Ann FULLAGER, 21 and upwards, Spinster, Father CHARLES Fullager, Farmer
Witnesses; Robert Hopkins/Mary Major

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 18 July 15 13:04 BST (UK) »
Hi

There is a marriage of a Robert Power to Ann Clarke 31 March 1813 in Liverpool St Peter's. Occupation of Robert in Bishop's Transcript is comedian.

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline beatrice834

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 18 July 15 13:21 BST (UK) »
Thanks everyone for such useful information.  I did have the marriages mentioned - my main aim was to find out if Lucy Margaret's father was the daughter of the right Robert, and I think she is. The Power family is a big theatrical one, and they often worked under stage names, so piecing them all together is interesting.  The BL Newspaper website has been invaluable.
Thanks especially for the hints on using Family Search.  I had not realised the extent of the record images and will go back to some "brick wall" research.