Author Topic: Wilson Family  (Read 3792 times)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Wilson Family
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 14 October 15 12:51 BST (UK) »
Just a couple of suggestions.  Kenneth may have been his brother although no guarantees.  You could check Family Search to see if there is a Belfast birth for a Kenneth Wilson a few years either side of 1920.

You could check the Irish 1911 to see if there is a William Wilson RN but if he was on active duty at the time it won't give you any info about the rest of the family although he may not even have been married at that time

Mind you - that all pre-supposes the Belfast birth is his ???
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline littlefacey

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 19:41 BST (UK) »
Me again! I'm still going with this guy!

So I found him on the 1939 census living at 47 Hoker Road in Exeter (same address that is listed on the marriage) with a William J Wilson b. 1878 and a Rose E Wilson b. 1890.

The death record I found that I thought matched him originally has d.o.b as 26/10/1920 but the 1939 register says feb 1920.

I've ordered the death certificate for which I thought might be him and it has his step daughter listed ( whether he actually married her mother is a different story?) but I cant find any records on her... would anyone be able to help? don't want to post on her in case she is still living.

Thanks
Morralley, Morrallee, Moralee, Felton, Paxton, Schonbeck

Offline Comberton

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 22:49 BST (UK) »
Couple from 1939, William J Wilson
                               Rose E Dart
 Married June 1924 Exeter
Children Kenneth J Wilson March 1923 Exeter
              Frederick A Wilson June 1925 Exeter
Both MMN Dart

Original image 1939 register William G’s birth date is unreadable so the transcription could be wrong.
                                       Comberton

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 19 April 17 01:22 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Couple from 1939, William J Wilson
                               Rose E Dart
 Married June 1924 Exeter
Children Kenneth J Wilson March 1923 Exeter
              Frederick A Wilson June 1925 Exeter
Both MMN Dart

Kenneth's was actually March 1929.

I tried searching for William George Wilson in Navy records but have not come up with anything

All post 1920 service records (and your man probably served during WW2) would still be with the MOD & would cost £30 pounds to get.

Info here: https://www.gov.uk/get-copy-military-service-records/apply-for-someone-elses-records

If you do get the service records make sure that you request photocopies of the original documents, otherwise you will only get a printed overview, which is not much help at all.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)