Author Topic: Irish Newspaper Archives  (Read 1559 times)

Offline jbm

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Irish Newspaper Archives
« on: Sunday 26 July 15 16:07 BST (UK) »
I believe that all members of the Library in the ROI have free access to the online Irish newspaper archives.  If anyone reading this is a member then I would be very grateful for any articles published regarding the death of my grandfather Edward Barrett in Nenagh in August 1936.  He was the victim of a hit & run lorry driver on the Gortlandroe Rd.  There was an inquest into his death and the outcome of that may also have been published in the Nenagh Guardian.  Many thanks in anticipation.
Barrett, Gleeson, McMahon, Atmore, Fuller, Humphrey, Knock, Pyman, Smalls Ballina, Killaloe, Nenagh, Attleborough, Banham, Besthorpe, Garvestone, Hardingham, Mattishall, Morley St Peter, Morley St Botolph, New Buckenham, Old Buckenham, Reymerstone, Wymondham

Offline landej

• RootsChat Extra
  • Searching for ancestors since 1966
    • View Profile
Re: Irish Newspaper Archives
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 July 15 21:12 BST (UK) »
There are about 6 articles, regarding the 'accident', including the trial, the death of his widow a year later and a request to set up a fund for the orphans. I have them saved as pdf's, each one about 0.7Mb. If you are agreeable, please pm me your email address and I will forward them to you. Only have a one month sub to INA, there was a discount!
Landers (Laois, Dublin, Mayo, Chicago, NZ......), McDowell (NI), Bass (Dublin), Boxall (Sussex), Marchant (London)

Offline jbm

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Irish Newspaper Archives
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 July 15 08:17 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much.  I have my email address by pm.
Barrett, Gleeson, McMahon, Atmore, Fuller, Humphrey, Knock, Pyman, Smalls Ballina, Killaloe, Nenagh, Attleborough, Banham, Besthorpe, Garvestone, Hardingham, Mattishall, Morley St Peter, Morley St Botolph, New Buckenham, Old Buckenham, Reymerstone, Wymondham