Author Topic: Bowden / Carver in Musquodoboit, Halifax, Nova Scotia  (Read 1391 times)

Offline estiman

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bowden / Carver in Musquodoboit, Halifax, Nova Scotia
« on: Sunday 26 July 15 20:26 BST (UK) »
Hi all.  I've read the post about living relatives by Grub and I hope I conform.

Ivy Bowden married Donald Carver in UK in 1945.  They are both now deceased (1988 & 1970 respectively).  I believe they had at least one daughter, who would be a cousin of mine.

If anyone has any information or suggestions about following this up (I have her given name) can you send me a pm.  Thanks

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Bowden / Carver in Musquodoboit, Halifax, Nova Scotia
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 July 15 23:21 BST (UK) »
Have you forgotten you already had a topic about this family?

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=705868.0
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline estiman

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 July 15 01:06 BST (UK) »
Yes, I had forgotten!!! I had collated the info and then moved on to other dead ends. I've been trying to follow through the descendants of uncles, aunts and others, with initially very little to go on (my parents lost contact). I'm afraid my brain can't always keep track.  Thanks for reminding me.  Having said that, this question was trying to get ideas on how to look for the descendant(s) of Ivy and Donald.  Did their daughter marry, have children, is she still alive (she's about my age)? I don't know what Canadian resources I might be able to access from here in UK.

Anyway, thanks again  :)

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 27 July 15 16:10 BST (UK) »
You will not be able to directly access records for her due to Canadian privacy laws.

I suggest you contact these folks and see if they have an obituary for either Ivy or Donald on their index:
http://thechronicleherald.ca/about/library-services

This might give you the married name of your cousin, a location to look (if she moved out of NS), names of grandkids etc.

You might also try contacting local newspapers (e.g. http://www.towncryernews.ca/contact.html ) to see about putting a notice in for anybody who remembers Donald/Ivy or can put you in touch with their descendants.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline estiman

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 27 July 15 21:03 BST (UK) »
Thanks jarose.  I'll give it a whirl.  It's a long shot but more than I had before. Should I meet with any success I'll let you know.

Cheers  :)