Author Topic: 1901&1911 census - Florrie MORGAN  (Read 2168 times)

Offline eirwen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
1901&1911 census - Florrie MORGAN
« on: Monday 27 July 15 17:04 BST (UK) »
Would someone be so kind and check for me the following please
I have thanks to previous request The following WILLIAM Morgan with wife Elizabeth and according to the 1901 census daughter Florrie But in the 1911 census iit says that Florrie is their niece Could the 1901 and 1911 census be checked again and if possible which is the correct entry. Thank you. Eirwen.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: 1901&1911 census
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 July 15 17:26 BST (UK) »
No birthyears/birthplaces given in post so am assuming she is the 1901 entry aged 3yr old born Newbridge

1901 definitely shows her as daughter

1911 details are not allowed due to copyright issues.   
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 July 15 17:32 BST (UK) »
Agree with Carole, when did William and Elizabeth marry?
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 27 July 15 17:37 BST (UK) »
Can you post the full 1911 entry you mention including the address/county they were living in at that time
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline eirwen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1901&1911 census - Florrie MORGAN/ Simmon(d)s
« Reply #4 on: Monday 03 August 15 11:42 BST (UK) »
According to the 1911 William and Elizabeth had been married for 20 yrs address where  they were living was Abercarn 17 BlaenBlodan Street William aged 38 Elizabeth aged 36 Afraid this is all I have to go on.No idea when they married but believed to have had two children one has died.If married 20 yrs might have married 1891 but where. Eirwen

Offline RayDen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1901&1911 census - Florrie MORGAN
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 05 August 15 15:17 BST (UK) »
Could you give the source for the 1911 census.  I have been unable to locate it.  I have found a census for a William & Elizabeth with a niece Florrie (Simmons) in Newbridge, but this is not the couple on the 1901 census (wrong ages and birth places).

Ray
Denham [Hertford & London], Carter [Somerset], Francis, Badger [Pembroke, Glamorgan]

Offline RayDen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 05 August 15 16:03 BST (UK) »
Eirwen  Have just seen your post regarding Pantyryn, It looks like the 1911 census is the one that you are looking at?  It is possible that this is the same family as on the 1901 census but they have transposed the places of birth for William & Elizabeth.  Also on the 1901 census Florries place of birth is given as Newbridge, Mon.  I can tell you that the place of birth for Florrie on the 1911 census has been mistranscribed.  On the Pantyryn posting you made you said that you was interested in who was living at Pantyryn Farm in 1911. 

On the 1911 census William & family are on page 410 of the census.  If you page back to 408 you will find the occupants of Pantyryn Farm.  If you page back to 406 (Pentwyn Farm) you may find family.

Ray

Denham [Hertford & London], Carter [Somerset], Francis, Badger [Pembroke, Glamorgan]

Offline eirwen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 05 August 15 16:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Ray Thankyou for the information.  I now believe that the Morgan family living in Panrtyn farm is not mine My  Morgan is named William but the one in the farm has a different Christian name. Believe my Morgan family was living in Abercarn in 1911 with a niece named Florrie Simmonds. So I have ordered the birth certificate of Florre which will tell who her mother was and I hope her maiden name which will allow me to find my William's wife's maiden name assuming Florrie's mother and Elizabeth were sisters . Once found I can locate the marriage of William and Elizabeth and this will tell me who William's father was . So another brick wall removed I hope . I hope I have explained this all correctly. Regards Eirwen.