Author Topic: Primary School in Erdington 1930s  (Read 1637 times)

Offline Thornwood

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Primary School in Erdington 1930s
« on: Friday 31 July 15 17:02 BST (UK) »
My mother in law is 90 this year and I am making a book about her life. She was born opposite the park at Western Road in 1926 and lived there until her marriage in 1946. she told me years ago that she attended Spring Lane Infant and Junior School. Although I have found a Spring Lane I have found no mention of a school. She also went to Erdington Grammar School. Any knowledge of these schools would be appreciated. If there was no Spring Lane school where would a child from Western Road have gone to school in the 1930s.
Also any information about where I can find photos of the area at the time she lived there.
Many thanks, Thornwood.

PS. I posted this in the wrong place so have read admitted it. Apologies for that.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline Thornwood

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Primary School in Erdington 1930s
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 01 August 15 10:01 BST (UK) »
 Thanks for that chempat the map certainly helps to make sense of the area. My mother in law married at the parish church, I can now see where that is in relation to her house and school. The illustration on the school's  website looks like a post war building, does anyone know if the 1930s school was on the same site and what it looked like.  Would be great if anyone had any old photos of the building or children.
Here's hoping. Thornwood.