Author Topic: Is this the same man in both photos? Shoosmiths of Tonbridge & Ramsgate, Kent  (Read 1100 times)

Offline Emma Pierce

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
In the photo with four people is, Joan Peebles and Hugh Peebles (Left, Husband and Wife) and Joans mum and dad, Frederick and Nellie Shoosmith. (Right)

The the other photo is Joan Peebles Standing, Her mum, Nellie Shooosmith is seated below her, I was wondering if Joan was holding her fathers arm - Frederick Shoosmith, Do you think he looks the same as the other photo, I think its hard to tell. If this photo is dated after 1965 it cannot be him as thats when he passed away.
Hair is the big difference, but it could have been shaved? Frederick was a Hair dresser by profession.
What do you guys think?
Cowell - Thanet, Kent, England
Jenner - London, England
Peebles - Glasgow/Lanarkshire, Scotland
Shoosmith - Sussex & Ramsgate, Kent, England
Pierce - London/Kent
Goodman - London, England
Redford - London, England

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Is this the same man in both photos? Shoosmiths of Tonbridge & Ramsgate, Kent
« Reply #1 on: Monday 17 August 15 09:04 BST (UK) »
First impression is that no I don't think so. The men look different. Shame one is drinking a pint so  his mouth are chin are not visible. Eyes are deeper set and eyebrows are bushier on man in the top photo. I am guessing the photos were taken about the same time? You also have one balding man and one with a full head of hair ...

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Is this the same man in both photos? Shoosmiths of Tonbridge & Ramsgate, Kent
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 August 15 22:48 BST (UK) »
I would doubt that they are the same person too.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU