Author Topic: Thomas john strewart  (Read 3221 times)

Offline Becky Thomson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas john strewart
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 25 August 15 14:14 BST (UK) »
Do you know if he was in the Merchant Navy  ???

If so, could be him,

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KCW9-1R5

Annie
I asked my dad and he says yes

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 25 August 15 20:56 BST (UK) »
As I have explained on your thread re. your Nan - Annie Louisa Stewart b.1915 - her Mum Elizabeth had just one brother - he was indeed named Thomas John but was born prior to the marriage of his parents and registered in 1882 under his mothers maiden name of 'Stitt' - after his parents marriage he became Stewart.

So, he would therefore be your 2 x gt. uncle, if I've worked it out correctly and eventually raised your Nan!

A bit disconcerting for us trying to help you - you said in your other thread you'd no idea where in Dumfriesshire they came from when apparently you did.   Although lived in Greenbrae both he and Elizabeth were born in Closeburn.

Annette

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Becky Thomson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 25 August 15 22:23 BST (UK) »
As I have explained on your thread re. your Nan - Annie Louisa Stewart b.1915 - her Mum Elizabeth had just one brother - he was indeed named Thomas John but was born prior to the marriage of his parents and registered in 1882 under his mothers maiden name of 'Stitt' - after his parents marriage he became Stewart.

So, he would therefore be your 2 x gt. uncle, if I've worked it out correctly and eventually raised your Nan!

A bit disconcerting for us trying to help you - you said in your other thread you'd no idea where in Dumfriesshire they came from when apparently you did.   Although lived in Greenbrae both he and Elizabeth were born in Closeburn.

Annette
Ye I got the name of her mum off a copy of her death certificate eg m y nanas death certificate