Author Topic: Occupants of grave section & No 1 336 Belfast City Cemetery  (Read 1508 times)

Offline apthorpea

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Occupants of grave section & No 1 336 Belfast City Cemetery
« on: Sunday 30 August 15 23:49 BST (UK) »
 I have come across a record on Belfast City Council web site. The burial details of Samuel & Isabella Agnew, and two baby daughters who died in infancy.  One of the occupants of the grave is a Miss Sarah Stewart who died when she was 68,  on the 31st Oct and buried on the 2nd Nov 1882. She was the third person to be interred in the grave after the two daughters one in 1874 and one in 1879.  Isabella's maiden name was Stewart and I believe she was originally from Drumclamph in the Parish of Ardstraw, Co Tyrone.  As they have recorded Sarah as a Miss I assume she was never married, her last address was recorded as 78 St Mary's Terrace, Crumlin Road, Belfast. in the 1880 Trade Directory  a Mr William Harries is a Mill owner who lived  at 78 St Mary's Terrace and his name is also on the valuation record. I cant work out if this was during Sarah's life time or after she died.  Can someone advise how I  could link Sarah with the family.
Thanks for any information that you may have. 

https://ssl.belfastcity.gov.uk/burialsearch/BurialSearch.aspx?GraveSection=I&GraveNumber=336&CemeteryName=City Cemetery
Angela
Stewart, Reilly, Montgomery, Cheshire, Lyttle, Rankin, Apthorpe, Hart, Anderson,  Gourley

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Occupants of grave section & No 1 336 Belfast City Cemetery
« Reply #1 on: Monday 31 August 15 09:12 BST (UK) »
Suggest that you ask a moderator to move this topic the ANTRIM board (where Belfast queries belong) for a better chance of getting help.

Have you looked at Sarah's death certificate to see who registered her death? What about a newspaper obituary?

Topic moved.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 31 August 15 09:23 BST (UK) »
This might help a bit-

Belfast Newsletter, 1 Nov.1882 STEWART- October 31, at 87, St. Mary's Terrace, Crumlin Road, Belfast, the residence of Samuel R. Agnew, Sarah Stewart, formerly of Drumclamph, Co. Tyrone, aged 68 years. Her remains will be removed for interment in the Borough Cemetery on to-morrow (Thursday) morning, at 9:30 o'clock. Friends will please accept this intimation.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline apthorpea

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 31 August 15 13:24 BST (UK) »
Dear aghadowey, thank you so much for that.  I have looked for Sarah's death certificate on the  website, Groni and Roots but it does not seem to be listed.  It would be great to link Sarah to Isabella and the Stewarts of Drumclamph.  I will try Belfast City Council.  Angela
Stewart, Reilly, Montgomery, Cheshire, Lyttle, Rankin, Apthorpe, Hart, Anderson,  Gourley