Author Topic: anyone researching Pullen  (Read 1132 times)

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad - 9 times Mayor of Arundel
    • View Profile
anyone researching Pullen
« on: Monday 31 August 15 16:26 BST (UK) »
Anyone have a William Pullen in tree? He was a coachman drove coach called "Comet" Arundel to Bognor. Died suddenly in Arundel aged 73. After retiring worked with horses. I assume he lived in Arundel. This is all I know. But I have a newspaper cutting about him from WSG sadly there is no date.
Redman, Jupp, Brockhurst of West Sussex
Moore County Down. Redman of Posey, Indiana, USA Emigrated 1820

Offline Liz_in_Sussex

• RootsChat Veteran
  • "We wunt be druv."
    • View Profile
Re: anyone researching Pullen
« Reply #1 on: Monday 31 August 15 16:32 BST (UK) »
 ;D ::) I have several William Pullen's in my tree... but I doubt any of them are the relevant one - mine started off in the Petworth / Northchapel areas and then drifted down to Sompting by the end of 19th Century and along to Southwick in the early 20th century.

I expect he's related though - there are so many Pullen's!  :o

Liz
Research interests:
Sussex (Isted, Trusler, Pullen, Botting), Surrey (Isted), Shropshire (Hayward), Lincolnshire (Brown, Richardson), Wiltshire (Bailey), Schleswig-Holstein (Isted),  Nordrhein-Westfalen (Niessen).

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad - 9 times Mayor of Arundel
    • View Profile
Re: anyone researching Pullen
« Reply #2 on: Monday 31 August 15 16:41 BST (UK) »
;D ::) I have several William Pullen's in my tree... but I doubt any of them are the relevant one - mine started off in the Petworth / Northchapel areas and then drifted down to Sompting by the end of 19th Century and along to Southwick in the early 20th century.

I expect he's related though - there are so many Pullen's!  :o

Liz

That's a shame Liz. If you find a connection send me a message and you can have copy of cutting.
Redman, Jupp, Brockhurst of West Sussex
Moore County Down. Redman of Posey, Indiana, USA Emigrated 1820