Author Topic: Query with NSW Birth index  (Read 5822 times)

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Query with NSW Birth index
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 14 June 16 02:55 BST (UK) »
Morning majm again no numbers only No. 2 entry and below No. 3 entry, no WITNESSE'S for John Tindal and Mary Ann McElroy space with a yellow line through, No. 3 entry had two witnesse's it looks like a J homes Cahill and Olive Hogan this is for the below entry, for a Kowly marriage. If you like a will try and purchase the marriage, not having much luck still waiting on replies to my emails. :'( :'(
Janet :-X

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 14 June 16 03:40 BST (UK) »
Please don't even consider placing an order for any 1839 marriage cert until we have figured out the correct reference number and determined some of the actual details. 

I am not sure that there's any NSW BDM entry to match up to the document you are describing...

Re the KOWLY marriage, can you see any given names for the groom, or  given names and a a surname for the bride?   What date for that marriage.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 14 June 16 07:53 BST (UK) »
Afternoon majm I am going to purchase the original copy, the other entry below Tindal is the 27/6/1839, a Mary Ann Murphy I think and a Henry Kowly, I have bad cataracts and reading this kind of writing isn't doing me any good. :-[

Janet :-\

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 14 June 16 08:08 BST (UK) »
Afternoon majm I am going to purchase the original copy, the other entry below Tindal is the 27/6/1839, a Mary Ann Murphy I think and a Henry Kowly, I have bad cataracts and reading this kind of writing isn't doing me any good. :-[

Hi,

What original copy are you going to purchase, as not only is there no TINDAL marriage indexed at NSW BDM there's also no KOWLY marriage indexed at NSW BDM in the years 1788 to 1965  (I used just the surname KOWLY firstly just in the groom family name and then just in the bride family name searches? )

Something is simply not matching up.     

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 14 June 16 08:22 BST (UK) »
Afternoon majm I have just purchased the original microfiche copy of the marriage I can't inform you of the details. :-[

Janet :-[

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 14 June 16 08:34 BST (UK) »
 :)

But perhaps once you have sorted it all out, you can inform the NSW BDM of the details of the marriages that are not displaying on their online index so that they can eventually get around to locating the microfiche copy of that parish register and check that all the marriages recorded in that register also become marriages found at their online index.

While NSW BDM do take while some time to update their online index,  I can assure you that when an archivist and I located a C of E parish register from the 1840s, and we realised that NONE of the baptisms, burials, marriages recorded in that register were available at NSW BDM that once we had informed NSW BDM and they were satisfied we were 'right' they then  allocated quality time and expertise and the entire register's ceremonies are all definitely in their holdings now.   

JM

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 14 June 16 08:43 BST (UK) »
Evening majm I would like to know where her parents were in 1839 when she married John Tindall. :'(

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 14 June 16 10:30 BST (UK) »
Evening majm I would like to know where her parents were in 1839 when she married John Tindall. :'(

:-[ My resources don't have the details for where the McElroy household were in 1839.   But Mary Ann McElroy likely needed the consent of a responsible adult for any marriage as she was not yet 21 years of age in May 1839. 

JM

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 14 June 16 14:09 BST (UK) »
Evening majm Other family members that I have been in contact with know the records also, that Mary Ann registered her birth in 1836 or 1839 with her husband John in Richmond where she was born, I am still checking on this, as she was born around 1821 and her parents didn't marry till 1824, I am off to bed. :-[