Author Topic: Female Descendants of Sisters of Private James Stephen Farrell, KIA in WW1  (Read 1523 times)

Offline Anchor425

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Female Descendants of Sisters of Private James Stephen Farrell, KIA in WW1
« on: Wednesday 09 September 15 01:42 BST (UK) »
 :) For mitochondrial DNA purposes, I am trying to trace the female descendants of sisters of James Stephen FARRELL, a fettler from Quirindi, who was KIA in the Battle of Fromelles on 19 July 1916.   One such person is the daughter of a CAMPBELL (father) and a HOLZ (mother), the latter being the daughter of Phillip HOLZ (1885-1962) and Catherine FARRELL (1881-1964); Catherine, who was born in Gunnedah and died in Burwood, NSW was the oldest sister of James S. FARRELL (1893-1916).
Kevin

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
a likely living person request.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 September 15 01:53 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

I think you are asking for help to find a living person.   That's a no no at RChat.    However, perhaps you could consider contacting the various groups associated with the Fromelles Missing.   Here's a link:

https://www.penguin.com.au/products/9780670075362/fromelles-final-chapters   (both authors are likely to be RChatters  :) who were actively involved in many threads on RChat's Armed Forces Board re Fromelles Missing several years ago)

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=368728.0  How To Request :

RootsChat - Our Policy on Living Persons.

Here on RootsChat we are very concerned that the privacy and security of the living is protected. For this reason we do not allow searches for living persons. Although we fully understand you would like recent information to add to your tree, or that you may wish to make contact with birth families, relatives you lost contact with when they immigrated to Australia, missing family or friends, we are afraid we are unable to assist you.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience this causes you but we are sure you will appreciate the reasons for this.

Please See:
[/size]- http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,142443.0.html

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
several likely living persons being identified
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 09 September 15 03:49 BST (UK) »
I have had a quick look at some 1980 electoral rolls.   I now think that your person of interest and their spouse and their parents may all well be young enough to be YOUNGER than me, and therefore, likely to still be living.   

Please modify your post to remove the names of any person that you cannot confirm are no longer living.

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
information re: living persons
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 09 September 15 04:23 BST (UK) »
I have sent Anchor425 information via PM.

cheers :)
cupoflife