Author Topic: Marriage Brick Wall  (Read 5507 times)

Offline rolnora

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Brick Wall
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 24 September 15 08:34 BST (UK) »
Not absolutely sure but I don't think there would have been a problem with a couple being married in another parish as long as they satisfied the requirement of the banns being called for 3 consecutive weeks and no one objected.

Whilst I was searching baptisms  for the children of James and Ellen, I came across a John Brown baptised Dean Row 30 June 1811 but going to the image it shows Thomas Goulden Brown son of James and Ellen of Cheadle Moseley born 28 March 1811 baptised 8 Sept 1811.They could of course be totally unconnected but as I can't find a Thomas Goulden Brown anywhere else it might be worth some research.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline poirot

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 25 September 15 17:27 BST (UK) »
John Brown son of James & Ellen was baptised at Dean Row 28 Jan 1811.

For some reason I cannot replicate what you found.

In my previous message I said I had found the marriage of John Brown & Hannah Goulding.
This was a mistake by the Vicar as both parties could read & write and she signed herself Hannah Goulden and is probably the mother of Thomas Goulden Brown. Whether my James is another son of this couple I don't know.

Life is so confusing.
brown,henshaw in cheshire,berry,dowding,phillips in gloucester, littlejohn,arkle,nicol in aberdeenshire.

Offline rolnora

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 27 September 15 07:01 BST (UK) »
For some reason I cannot replicate what you found.

poirot,

I was completely wrong with that record, ::)
Yes there is a Thomas Goulden with parents James and Ellen and I did think that I had seen the surname Brown but going back to look again I realized my mistake.

I do apologise and hope you didn't waste to much of your time searching for it :-[ :-[
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk