Author Topic: John CRAXFORD (b abt 1690) of Gretton  (Read 833 times)

Offline Newfloridian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • MENE INTUS ET IN CUTE NOVISTI
    • View Profile
John CRAXFORD (b abt 1690) of Gretton
« on: Sunday 20 September 15 10:32 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to trace John CRAXFORD, the son of John CRAXFORD and Eleanor (Ellen) SWAN(N) of Gretton. They were married at St James the Great on December 29th 1689. I have two sons: Robert (b abt 1694) and Thomas (b abt 1698 - who died in infancy)

I have had sight of two documents dated 1729 (after John senior had died) and 1739 - both of which mention another son, John. The order of names in the first documents puts John before Robert, suggesting he might be older. In the second, his name is spelled CROXFORD.

Any fickers of recognition would be gratefully received.

Alan 
Leicester / Northampton: Craxford,  Claypole, Pridmore, Pollard, Tansley, Crane, Tilley
Derby: Naylor, Ball, Haywood
Buckinghamshire: Cook
London: Craxford, Lane Crauford
Tyneside: Nessworthy, Simpson

Offline sugarbakers

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • 12 Church St, MENT - the family sugarhouse, 1805
    • View Profile
Re: John CRAXFORD (b abt 1690) of Gretton
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 September 15 22:21 BST (UK) »
Haven't found a baptism for John Craxford/Croxford, however there is a marriage ...

John Craxford = Edith Perry of Gretton 1721 Jul 30 at Weldon

... which may prove useful.

There are at least 3 baptisms of children of this couple in Gretton.

[Sources: Northants Baptisms Index, Northants Marriages Index]
Almeroth, Germany (probably Hessen). Mawer, Softley, Johnson, Lancaster, Tatum, Bucknall (E.Yorks, Nfk, Lincs)

Sugar Refiners & Sugarbakers ... www.mawer.clara.net ...
50,000+ database entries, 270+ fatalities, 210+ fires, history, maps, directory, sales, blog, book, 500+ wills, etc.

WDYTYA magazine July 2017

Offline Newfloridian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • MENE INTUS ET IN CUTE NOVISTI
    • View Profile
Re: John CRAXFORD (b abt 1690) of Gretton
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 September 15 08:27 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for the suggestion.

I have the John CRAXFORD who married Edith PERRY as the son of Robert Craxford and Mary Timson. I'm also aware that John and Edith had at least four children.

This John's father (Robert) was the brother of the John - father of the John I am looking for.

Alan
Leicester / Northampton: Craxford,  Claypole, Pridmore, Pollard, Tansley, Crane, Tilley
Derby: Naylor, Ball, Haywood
Buckinghamshire: Cook
London: Craxford, Lane Crauford
Tyneside: Nessworthy, Simpson