Author Topic: Sidney Gill Mutton  (Read 3098 times)

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sidney Gill Mutton
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 22 September 15 16:58 BST (UK) »
Ann Patrick, 79 b Clipstone, was in the household of her son Edward Patrick in the 1881 census (Market Harborough district) so this death looks possible (give or take a year in age).

Sep qtr 1881: Ann Patrick aged 78, Market Harborough 7a 6.
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 22 September 15 17:48 BST (UK) »
thank you :)

will look into that one

xin :)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 23 September 15 16:50 BST (UK) »
Just had a lovely read of the Divorce papers... very interesting.  They also gave a little bit of extra info.. regarding the fact a child was born to Sarah and Henry, but sadly died.. 

Interesting lady.. cant find a 'definite' death for her or for the senior lady Ann Patrick..

But such a big fall out within the family - such a shame.

Have found Sarah up to 1911 and she is 71 living on own means it is her I am sure due to birth place.  So on with the search.. 

xin

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 29 September 15 16:22 BST (UK) »
Synopsis:

this is why my head has turned to 'mush'

Sidney gill mutton Patrick!!!

born  1850 Kelmarsh the illegitimate son of Susannah Mutton

Susannah later married James Patrick – who took Sidney on as his Son, now
is that because he was ??? we will never know..

Sid married Sarah Woods a widow – she was nee Denton and born  1840 in
Felstead Essex.

They had one son Sidney James Patrick 1879 (not followed as yet)

Then Sidney snr  died in 1880 in Mkt Hbr..

After which in 1882 !!! Sarah  - Woods – Denton – Patrick----  married Henry Arthur ‘PATRICK’ the first cousin of Sidney
 (albeit dependant on who Sid's real Daddy was)

They had one child sadly died early. 

Then Henry and Sarah divorced…… and Sarah went on to live life by herself..

Sarah continues to live by herself after this and I found her seemingly self sufficient in the 1911 and shown as a 'Widow'!?

Henry doesn’t seem to marry again, but states married in later census.(1911)

He then turns up in the 1901 with his brother Charles David/ David Charles who is another
one who seemed to wander around and swop wives etc.  D.c's  first wife must die or run away and he either marries or sets up home with a new wife Emily Wood…..(Hobbiss) 
When I first saw the name of David charles wife I thought …. oh dear, because  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

!!Sidney's wife Sarah was previously married to a Mr Wood and had a daughter Emily Wood

then Sarah marries Henry and I presume that means that Emily is step daughter of Henry, and
...... so when I thought she had married Charles I was falling deeper into confusion, cos if it is the Emily Wood that is the daughter of Sarah then Charles would be her  step uncle… maybe.   :o :o

Now these two sons of  William (bn 1826 Clipston) are from his first marriage to Priscilla, he
married again to a Sarah and they went on to have 4 children, one of these Clara is shown with Henry in the 1891.   so I am almost positive this is the correct line I am following.

All the above makes me wonder how on earth, I am managing to sort this family out at all…

The 1911 of David Charles,  he is living with his wife Emily --- who luckily turned out NOT to be
the step daughter of his brother but that of an Emily Wood Hobbiss from Warwickshire, so that was a relief.. 

However they are now living in Biddulph Street Leicester and guess what,
I grew up around the corner  and I know that’s a definite. 8)
I hope your brains are now as addled as mine is with this lot… ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

xin

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 17 January 19 00:20 GMT (UK) »
I know this is 3 yrs old...

but I am updating things on my tree.. as had (due to a certain FLOOD!!!in 2014/5) lost/mislaid  a  lot of this info..

SO thank goodness for Rootschat  - because being able to pick this page up again for this absollllllutely mad family has helped me.

Now I have copies of the divorce papers saved on drop box but they are illegible dpi too small.   so will have to find them again..

Where (somebody please remind me) did I get them from???

was it on Ancestry or did I send off and have the originals somewhere... If so I should still have them.

Its funny (not) but it has taken me until now to completely assess what being flooded out actually did ..and it shot my brain that is for sure...

never mind lots of docs stored in safe places so thats good.

xin