Author Topic: Flack of Lakenheath  (Read 3390 times)

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Flack of Lakenheath
« Reply #9 on: Monday 12 October 15 00:31 BST (UK) »
P.S.

Also in those Lakenheath Flacks:

Elizabeth Flack nee Drake buried 7 March 1849 aged 50.

In Lakenheath Marriages it states: John Flack Wdr married Sarah Place 7 Dec 1850.

Btw the entries are all transcripts from the PRs.

Concentrating currently on:
Essex: Card, Harris, Stowell, Theobald/Tibbles & Turner.
Norfolk: Beale, Cork & Dalton.
Yorkshire: Oswald Sturdy birth/baptism c1708, Oswald where the devil are you?

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline KimFretwell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 12 October 15 07:09 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your guidance - wow there are a lot!  I think Elizabeth Drake is in my ggg grandmother.
Thanks !
Kim
Fretwell (Stuntney, Cambs), Wilding (Littleport, Cambs), Wake (Soham/Fordham, Cambs), Simpkin (Soham/Wicken, Cambs), Lindsey (norfolk/Suffolk), Kent (Cambs), Pope (Soham, Cambs), Plumb (Cambs), Tymms (suffolk), Jugg (Cambs), Diver (Soham, Cambs), Harris (Burton on Trent).

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 13 October 15 01:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Kim,

Noting that the earliest Lakenheath Flack entry in those transcripts is 1795 I did a quick check in a couple of other parishes to see if that was the earliest for all and found one entry dated 1632.  So it looks your Flacks came from other parishes pre 1795, however if you want to continue with Flack research those transcripts could be very useful.

My Flack interest is a bit different to yours, mine is not a blood relative, she is the wife of my maternal grandmother's brother.

Her name is Councellatta Flack, a Romany Gypsy, in 1924 she married my great uncle Arthur Searles in Essex, by 1924 she and her sister, named would you believe Sylvester, had given up the Gypsy life. 

My mother met Councellatta and liked her and I and my wife met her daughter in 2004 when we visited the UK.  Councellatta and her family are mentioned in the Flack site, I supplied some of that info and one of the site's co-owners, Denise with whom I corresponded, helped me find other info.

Btw keep in mind these are transcripts so there could be further info in the actual PR entries.

Good luck with your research.
Concentrating currently on:
Essex: Card, Harris, Stowell, Theobald/Tibbles & Turner.
Norfolk: Beale, Cork & Dalton.
Yorkshire: Oswald Sturdy birth/baptism c1708, Oswald where the devil are you?

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Judy21

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 27 September 22 18:06 BST (UK) »
I was very interested to read these posts. My grandmother's family are Flack from Lakenheath and my ggg grandmother is Elizabeth Drake (born 1799). The same relationship as mentioned by Kim in the earlier posts. Elizabeth Drake married John Flack in 1822 and my gg grandfather, William Flack, was born in 1828. His sister Sarah (listed as Sally in the census) was born in 1833. I guess my William was the witness at Sarah's wedding mentioned in the posts. I have no later record of Sarah's branch of the family. However, I have earlier details of direct Flack ancestors going back to to John Flack born in 1581 and the Drake family back to James Drake born in 1708. Lakenheath cemetery (on Wings Road) has the graves of many of the family names on my Flack family tree though few are direct ancestors.