Author Topic: Gibson's of Queniborough & Kirby Muxloe  (Read 1379 times)

Offline a-l

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gibson's of Queniborough & Kirby Muxloe
« Reply #9 on: Monday 16 November 15 20:51 GMT (UK) »
I have a small tree of Marstons of Thrussington (not my family ) and your info is correct. It says Dorothy m......Brooksby. jonathan married Ann Kilby 10. 8 .18  at Thrussington. Do you need the names of her siblings ?  This tree was sent to me years ago because we were looking for connections in the Marstons . Sorry it doesn't give Dorothy's husband , did they marry at Brooksby in your research ?

Offline a-l

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 16 November 15 20:58 GMT (UK) »
It looks like Jonathan was a late marriage too.

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 17 November 15 00:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi again

The Dorothy in my tree married John Gibson (1791) in Thrussington, 1815.  If she was the Dorothy baptised 1778 then she would have had her first child at 37 and then one roughly every two years until she was 52.  Not impossible, but I'd have thought it unlikely. Also her 1837 burial in Queniborough gives her age as 45 whereas the Dorothy b 1778 would have been almost 60, so I'm not convinced this is the right baptism.... although I've yet to find another one, so never say never!

MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline a-l

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 17 November 15 11:54 GMT (UK) »
The only other Dorothy I know of was born in Birstall on 11 aug 1805 to William and Mary Marston.

Offline a-l

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 17 November 15 13:27 GMT (UK) »
I've checked my old papers and found a possible candidate. Dorothy born 28 june 1789 at Queniborough to Edward and Elizabeth Marston.  The jonathan who was Dorothy's twin at Thrussington had a daughter Dorothy but too late to be yours. Dorothy the twin married Thomas Brooksby at Swithland. Hope this helps.

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 17 November 15 20:42 GMT (UK) »
Yes, that does help, thank you.  As Dorothy 'married in' I was more interested in sorting her husband & his siblings first so hadn't looked in any great depth, but I've just dug out my Queniborough transcripts and see she has been transcribed as d/o Edward & Elizabeth Searson. 

I think something may have gone horribly wrong with either the original records or the transcripts though, as I have the following:

Edward Marson married Elizabeth Searson 23 Nov 1788
Edward Marson married Elizabeth Sarson 12 Apr 1789
Dorothy d/o Edward & Elizabeth Searson baptised 28 Jun 1789
Thomas s/o Thomas & Elizabeth Marston baptised 12 Jul 1789

Elizabeth wife of Edward Marston buried 10 Nov 1793

They do like to lead us on a merry dance sometimes, don't they!
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline a-l

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 17 November 15 21:05 GMT (UK) »
They certainly do. Just incase you don't know, Sarson and Searson were different families not  a misspelling .