Author Topic: Enoch Bradley married 1884 seeking children  (Read 3742 times)

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad - 9 times Mayor of Arundel
    • View Profile
Re: Enoch Bradley married 1884 seeking children
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 31 October 15 13:06 GMT (UK) »

What an excellent link Aghadowey gave.  You were only being pointed in a direction  to try a "google search" Jane.  ;)

Maybe you haven't noticed Jane - so just in case - Aghadowey is a RootsChat Honorary (retired ex Global Moderator - held in high esteem)  You can be assured that if there is anything to be found in Ireland, this is the person with knowledge is second to none  ;) (probably blushing now  ;D)

Sandra

Yes I agree and I am very grateful for the help. Aghadowey is fantastic and I know I should have thought of these things myself  but I have only just started the search.  Believe me I cant say thanks  enough times.

I do feel sometimes I miss the obvious and it may take me a while to cotton on but I usually get there in the end, but as I said earlier I think I can sometimes try the patience of you more experienced researchers, which makes me feel bad about asking for more help. I really must stand on my own two feet and think for myself!

I have  added to the Bradley thread on ancestry and also mailed the posters.  Don't suppose it was necessary to do both :o

The Irish research has been and is still very difficult for me, but I am getting there.

Thanks for your input too, that goes without saying :P

Cheers to you both
Jane :)
Redman, Jupp, Brockhurst of West Sussex
Moore County Down. Redman of Posey, Indiana, USA Emigrated 1820

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 01 November 15 12:31 GMT (UK) »
Following on from this and finding Enoch and some children  on 1901 and 1911 census.  I am moving on to daughter Jane b. 1891 Grandmother. This is   a brickwall  I cannot even crack. I have been searching on and off for years.  Getting nowhere.

As Jane  was not with father on 1911 census.  I had 2 options she was working elsewhere or married.

Found a Jane Bradley right age working as a servant,  1911 census,  Tullyniskane, Tyrone although says religion was methodist and she was Church of Ireland.

Her future husband  Abraham Moore b.circa  1879 Waringstow, Down was living with his first wife and children in Lenaderg 1911 census and I believe wife died 1917. I have all the relevant info marriage, children etc.  So that would lead me to believe I have correct Jane on census.

My biggest problem, did she or did she not  actually marry my Grandfather or just take his name?  Many people have searched.  This may not mean anything but on mum's birth cert., she was born in Cavan 1923,  it says mother   Jane Moore formerly Bradley so wrongly or rightly I assume she was married.  Tried a few searches today on GRONI and FS but without place or year of marriage found nothing.

Perhaps the relevant records are no longer available.  Anyone have any thoughts please. It is driving me round the bend.

Jane :)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 01 November 15 13:03 GMT (UK) »
The Jane Bradley you found in 1911 was in Creenagh townland-
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Tyrone/Tullyniskane/Creenagh/866330/
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 01 November 15 13:38 GMT (UK) »
The Jane Bradley you found in 1911 was in Creenagh townland-
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Tyrone/Tullyniskane/Creenagh/866330/

Yes, that's the one. For some reason I couldn't open the document, thought it may have given place of birth.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 01 November 15 15:08 GMT (UK) »
Couldn't open what document? Click on the link then click the box 'show all information.'

It does give her place of birth- County Tyrone.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 01 November 15 15:50 GMT (UK) »
Couldn't open what document? Click on the link then click the box 'show all information.'

It does give her place of birth- County Tyrone.

Sorry I meant couldn't open the census copy on FS. The link you sent was the one I found early this morning. That's what I had.

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 01 November 15 15:53 GMT (UK) »
Sorry again, I didn't know about the box to tick, thank you for help.

Jane