Author Topic: Edward Sheen bc 1808 Kinsale  (Read 694 times)

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Edward Sheen bc 1808 Kinsale
« on: Wednesday 11 November 15 12:30 GMT (UK) »
I'm trying to find out about my 2nd gt grandfather Edward Sheen who married Elizabeth Bowers 23 Aug 1825 at St Mary Lewisham. By all accounts he was RC but Elizabeth wasn't and he is buried in an RC plot at Brockley Cemetery 25 Mar 1874 whereas Elizabeth was buried in a C of E plot at Greenwich Cemetery 24 Feb 1891.
According to the various censuses Edward was a tanner and witnesses at his wedding were Danl Sheen and Catherine Boyce, I wonder if Danl was his brother and I think Catherine was from Ireland too.
I'd really like to know who Edward's parents and ancestors were in Ireland?
Cr
Rosser, Henderson, Chapman, Clarkson, Harper, Healey, Horth, Page, Bowers, Ritchie, Sheen, Smith and Weymark.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Sheen bc 1808 Kinsale
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 November 15 14:08 GMT (UK) »
? Have you any census with Edward/Elizabeth showing Edward b Ireland?
The couple I can locate were in Greenwich and Edward b Deptford or similar?
Keyboard86

EDIT ok see in 1851 he gives Ireland, but others Deptford
The Danl/Daniel Sheen shown as a witness to marriage could be the one in 1851 aged 42 Married occ Tanner b Greenwich who in 1841 is in the Greenwich Union Workhouse occ Tanner
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 11 November 15 16:49 GMT (UK) »
I'm trying to find out about my 2nd gt grandfather Edward Sheen who married Elizabeth Bowers 23 Aug 1825 at St Mary Lewisham. By all accounts he was RC but Elizabeth wasn't and he is buried in an RC plot at Brockley Cemetery 25 Mar 1874 whereas Elizabeth was buried in a C of E plot at Greenwich Cemetery 24 Feb 1891.
According to the various censuses Edward was a tanner and witnesses at his wedding were Danl Sheen and Catherine Boyce, I wonder if Danl was his brother and I think Catherine was from Ireland too.
I'd really like to know who Edward's parents and ancestors were in Ireland?
Cr

You mention Kinsale in your post.  Have a look at www.irishgenealogy.ie Church Records. There are several entries for the surname Sheen/Sheehan & variations in Kinsale Parish Diocese of Cork & Ross. :)

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 12 November 15 09:01 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Ballydw for the Irish link, looks like I'll have to search the variation names as Edward Sheen doesn't appear so far.
Cr
Rosser, Henderson, Chapman, Clarkson, Harper, Healey, Horth, Page, Bowers, Ritchie, Sheen, Smith and Weymark.