Author Topic: Cornelius Hayes father of Bernard Hayes b.1844 Tipperary  (Read 3545 times)

Offline Maggsie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cornelius Hayes father of Bernard Hayes b.1844 Tipperary
« Reply #9 on: Monday 08 February 16 12:41 GMT (UK) »
This is for anniebelle,
Hi, the Kennedys from Kilmore Tipperary, are these your people?
Roger who married Mary Egan, she was from Cork.
Roger's Father and my GGG Great Grandfather, Martin were brothers.
Martin moved to Borrisokane in the town land of Liskinlahan, some spell as Lishkinlahan.
3 of his grandchildren 2 boys and 1 girl went to Australia in the late 1860's. I am in touch with one of their families on the Gold Coast. If you are a member of Ancestry type in Liskinlahan as a key word and you will see all the trees.
Maggsie

Offline anniebelle

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 08 February 16 19:57 GMT (UK) »
Many Thanks. These are the same Kennedys.  I will follow up on Ancestry.
McDowell, Co Cavan, Co Monaghan-NSW
Davidson, Co Down-NSW
Hayes, Co Tipperary-Vic, NSW
Hayes, Co Wexford-NSW
Kennedy, Co Tipperary-Vic, NSW
McAlary, McIlhinney, Keilt, McNichol, Shannon Co Derry-Vic, NSW
Rochester, Sussex-NSW
Matthews, Kent-NSW
Lyons/Hynes Co Kildare-NSW
Grimes, Lancashire-NSW
Hall, Essex/London-NSW
Seath, Kent-NSW
Long, Woolwich-NSW
Meyer, Heist, Germany-Vic
Goldsmith, Gordon, Wall, Co Wexford-Vic,NSW
Fraser, Hassard, Fermanagh, St Helens, Lancashire-Vic

Offline Marion Collins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 18 November 16 14:25 GMT (UK) »
I'm seeking any information someone might have regarding a Cornelius Hayes and his son Bernard (occasionally referred to as Bryan in family stories) Hayes born 1844 in Tipperary.

I've come to a dead end and can't seem to locate any details about Bernard's birth which his 1901 census records as ~1844 in Tipperary or much about his parents except that his father was Cornelius, a bookkeeper. Bernard married Margaret Terney in Yorkshire in 1866. A son also named Cornelius and Margaret both died in childbirth. He remarried to Mag Carroll in 1887 and had three sons in Carlow. We've hit a brick wall trying to go back any further.

There is a Hayes branch with the same family names from Tipperary that emigrated to Australia that seems definitely related but I cannot find the connection. If anyone has any information it would be much appreciated. Thanks for any help you can give!
Hi , looking at the information here,Cornerlous Hayes is my GGG grandfather.

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 18 November 16 14:54 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat  :).

Perhaps you can post the names & dates of the DECEASED members of your direct line from Cornelius Hayes, then other members can see the connection. Also it would be interesting to know your sources of information.

When you have made 2 more posts, you can use the personal message [pm] system to exchange information about living people & contact info like email address to ejhayes by clicking on the text icon under the profile.

Josey
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline Marion Collins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 18 November 16 15:44 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat  :).

Perhaps you can post the names & dates of the DECEASED members of your direct line from Cornelius Hayes, then other members can see the connection. Also it would be interesting to know your sources of information.

When you have made 2 more posts, you can use the personal message [pm] system to exchange information about living people & contact info like email address to ejhayes by clicking on the text icon under the profile.

Josey.     Hi , My information came from my Mother RIP . She was Mary Elizabeth Hayes . one of 8 children born to John , known as Jack Hayes. Lived in Leighlin bridge Carlow , married Kathleen Hoare ,my mother's birth 10/8/1924 Bernard Hayes was her grandfather, married to Mag Carol , she was his 2nd wife . as his first wife died on childbirth.Before he married the 2nd time he worked as a footman in a gentry house in Kilkenny. My mother told me he lived on Wilkson street there .his father Cornerlous Hayes came from Tipperary. When I married a Tipperary man she told me i was the only one moving back to my roots 😀

Offline Maggsie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 18 November 16 16:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Bernard's son Myles b 1896 did he marry in Galway?
Maggsie

Offline Marion Collins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 18 November 16 16:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Bernard's son Myles b 1896 did he marry in Galway?
Maggsie
I don't know where he got married , Maggie .  Myles was my granuncle had a son Berty who still lives on the Leighlinbridge to Bagenalstown road Carlow .