Author Topic: Missing Birth Record of a Margaret Leyland born in 1879 in Hulme, Manchester  (Read 5800 times)

Offline PaulJC

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Birth Record of a Margaret Leyland born in 1879 in Hulme, Manchester
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 07 January 16 11:01 GMT (UK) »
Thanks,

James DoB works but Bridgets is 3 or 4 years out. But looks promising.

I have not yet found Margaret Caveney in the two census before she marries but bearing in mind the surname spellings she could be somewhere !
I lived in Ardwick, Manchester in the early 1960s as a small child and much travelling of the world has now led me to want to know more about my roots. Carter, Beckwith, Connolly, Heron and Kelly are all names that form part of my family tree.

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Birth Record of a Margaret Leyland born in 1879 in Hulme, Manchester
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 07 January 16 11:01 GMT (UK) »
I thought Margaret might be Margaret CAVANA, birth reg Jun qtr 1858 Warrington.

Perhaps she and Mary were cousins rather than sisters?
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 07 January 16 11:05 GMT (UK) »
I did find a Margaret d/o a Patrick Cavanagh yesterday in a census, but didn't post it partly because this Patrick was a horse-keeper. I too was concerned about the differing fathers.

Sorry, josey,
I just looked at the other read re Burns and her father was Peter!
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 07 January 16 11:07 GMT (UK) »
 :-[ :-[  I should have gone to sp*cs*v*rs
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 07 January 16 11:13 GMT (UK) »
:-[ :-[  I should have gone to sp*cs*v*rs

No I wrote the wrong name at first but since then have seen her father referred to as Patrick  ???

And I called you another name  :o sorry and have corrected it! I blame my iPad!

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 08 January 16 09:23 GMT (UK) »
Not sure whether you have this - unfortunately not very helpful! She is a servant in a household.

1871 3905 /129/ 20

Margret Cavanah 16 yrs born Warrington

There is a James around who could be a brother- I have noticed him before - think he is Caveney but not sure of spelling at the moment.

There is also a Bridget death - 1859, I think, which may account for the family being difficult to find in 1861.

I would think that you would have to splash out on birth certificates to check.

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 08 January 16 09:34 GMT (UK) »
And I called you another name  :o sorry and have corrected it! I blame my iPad!
Yes, I see N & J are close  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline PaulJC

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 08 January 16 10:16 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks,
Some more information to add to the growing pile !

I agree, the various certificates will be needed in order to confirm one way or the other.
Paul
I lived in Ardwick, Manchester in the early 1960s as a small child and much travelling of the world has now led me to want to know more about my roots. Carter, Beckwith, Connolly, Heron and Kelly are all names that form part of my family tree.

Offline PaulJC

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 09 January 16 13:47 GMT (UK) »
Dear All,
The marriage certificate of Margaret Caveney and Thomas Burns has arrived and it shows her father to be Peter Caveney (labourer) not James..................
However, one of the witnesses is Thomas Nilan who married Mary Caveney who I had assumed was her sister.
Paul