Author Topic: Rosina Jones.  (Read 2512 times)

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rosina Jones.
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 06 January 16 02:24 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, not sure how to access what you found. I am on Ancestry now, where do I search for  Petition for Naturalisation June 3rd 1926  by a Rosina JONES aged 39 yrs, address given as 510 E 77th St.

When I put her name in for the American Census, I could find nothing.......sorry "I'm not the sharpest tool in the draw" Shirley.

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drive it like ya stole it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 06 January 16 02:28 GMT (UK) »
Sure.... just enter her first name as Rosina and her surname as JONES, birth year 1888 -/+ 2yrs
and put New York in the Keyword box.  It should come up listed under Immigration and Travel. That's the Naturalisation Record of course

Cheers
Karenlee
Census Information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 06 January 16 02:46 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks have now found the 1920 census and will keep looking. I don't suppose you could help find the date of death or where she may be buried?..............sorry :-[

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 06 January 16 04:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karenlee,  I have been on Ancestry all this time looking through all the Immigration and Travel records + naturalization reports, but cannot find this record. Can you help me retrieve it?  Shirley.

You wrote;
I have also found ( on a pay per view site ) a Petition for Naturalisation June 3rd 1926  by a Rosina JONES aged 39 yrs, address given as 510 E 77th St.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 06 January 16 11:43 GMT (UK) »
It's in the database New York, Index to Petitions for Naturalization filed in New York City, 1792-1989.

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 06 January 16 11:57 GMT (UK) »
Yes, i think i have found it, I'm sorry but there is so many links and avenues to go down. I'm not experienced with all this and find it easy to get confused.

At the same time i was trying to locate her death and cemetery. I was lead to believe her death was some where between, 1945-1960. This too is way out of my depth. I was hoping to send for the certificate if i can find it. I really want to know as much as i can about her,

Many thanks again Shirley.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 06 January 16 13:25 GMT (UK) »
Assuming she died in New York City, there's a bit of a gap in available death records from that time frame.  The death index on www.italiangen.org and Ancestry goes up to 1948.  There are some New York death records on familysearch.org, but they're not comprehensive.  The Social Security Death Index mainly covers people who died in the early 1960's onward.

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 06 January 16 22:08 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for these sites, i will search all three and see what i find. Many thanks for your wisdom. Regards Shirley.

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 07 January 16 02:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello wonderful people, Now that I have found and have a copy of this "Petition for Naturalisation" for Rosina? Would I be able to get the Certificate or copy of? I have been on the Ancestry sites for  US Naturalisation and the Certificates they gave out have so much information. Do you know if I could apply and get one of these, and if so, where would I apply?
With much enthusiasm, Shirley. :-*