Author Topic: Paul Edward Green  (Read 1245 times)

Offline hamleyseeker

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Paul Edward Green
« Reply #9 on: Friday 15 January 16 00:18 GMT (UK) »
Thank you all very much. It's the middle of the night but I did find a marriage for Grace Hahn in 1917 Nov 22nd in the Italian Gen group but groom's name not available. Paul & Grace had a child Mary Grace born 1919 & died 1922 (Family Search). So it does appear that Harriet & Paul had at least separated - probably as a result of his military draft 1917.
I will take another look at all your posts in day time in the meantime I'm still trying to "kill him off".
Pipe, Fuller, Goodrich/King, Gale, Mansell, Hughes, Dore, Mellish, Nida, Caldwell, Jones, Hamley, Leigh, Barnett: England various counties
Moloney, Cunningham, Corb(o)y, Ryan - Tipperary/Limerick

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 15 January 16 00:38 GMT (UK) »
All men of a certain age were required to register for the draft in WWI.  The existence of a registration card doesn't mean he was necessarily drafted.  The 1930 census says he was not a veteran, and I don't see any other indication that he served in the war.

Regarding Paul's death, assuming he didn't take off somewhere else, it looks like his death would have been between 1935-1940.  There is a library that will do look-ups in the New York State death index as described here - http://www.unyg.com/blog/index.php/2008/03/new-york-state-vital-records-microfiche-indexes-update/  You might want to ask if they can find a death in that time frame in Hempstead or the vicinity.

Regarding some folks on the periphery of this story, I saw a legal notice on the Fulton History site that Emanuel Floersch was also known as Thomas Bryant Floersch.  In 1943, there was a notice that Madeline and Thomas V. Floersch were granted a divorce.

Offline hamleyseeker

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 15 January 16 18:06 GMT (UK) »
I can't begin to thank you for the time & effort you have put into this query. It's kept me occupied for a couple of hours this afternoon, but not finished yet. Solve one mystery (not yet) and open up several more but that's what we do!! Very interesting article about marital intrigue!
Pipe, Fuller, Goodrich/King, Gale, Mansell, Hughes, Dore, Mellish, Nida, Caldwell, Jones, Hamley, Leigh, Barnett: England various counties

Offline hamleyseeker

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 17 January 16 17:14 GMT (UK) »
Hello again
I've enjoyed reading the news clips about Paul but have failed to find his death 1935-40. I've written an email to Dick Hellenbrand at UNYG on several occasions but it has failed to be sent telling me to check I've filled out the form correctly. I cannot see where I've gone wrong except maybe it is for Up-state NY. Have you any further suggestions please. Thank you.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 17 January 16 17:28 GMT (UK) »
The UNYG doesn't do look-ups.  It's the Onondaga County Public Library, as explained in the UNYG blog posts.  The library's website has since changed, but this has the e-mail address for the local history section - http://www.onlib.org/web/lh/index.htm  They have the death index for all of New York state except for New York City. 

Offline hamleyseeker

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 17 January 16 17:32 GMT (UK) »
Thank you once again.

Offline hamleyseeker

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 20 January 16 16:47 GMT (UK) »
SUCCESS - I now have date of Paul E Green's death 20 Sep 1935. Thanks to Rootschatters & Shelleyesq in particular. Once I'd got into the correct website I had a very quick reply. I'm absolutely delighted.