Author Topic: Albury family selborne  (Read 954 times)

Offline rachelralph

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Albury family selborne
« on: Monday 18 January 16 18:06 GMT (UK) »
its been a long time since ive looked into this line of my husbands family and i now know why i left it for such a long time. it would seem that the Albury's of Selborne didnt travel too far too look for spouses and from the little reserach ive done there are a few marriages of Albury's to Bone's.
i am looking for confirmation of a marriage of a Mary Albury to an Eli Bone, and a birth for Mary Albury. there are a number of trees online that show Mary Albury marrying an Eli Bone in 1834, but most of them have no sources attached. there is a record of a marriage for a Mary Albury to Eli Bone but, Eli Bone is a well used name in this area and Mary Albury is too. i am though fairly certain this is the marriage based on the location of the marriage and the first child born 1835.
i would like to find Mary Alburys birth. again a few trees online do have a father and mother taken from a baptism record online. it is around the right time for it to be my Mary but like i said Mary Albury is a much used name round this area.
so this is what i have from the census records
Mary Albury born abt 1817 selborne hampshire
husband Eli Bone born abt 1812 Selborne hampshire
first born son james born 1835 selborne making a marriage around 1833/34

im not sure how i know she is Mary Albury as it has been so long since ive looked at this. i think i may have had some help previously from another family member but im struggling to find it in my emails. im taking some pain medication that makes my head fuzzy so if this post is a bit jumbled i apologise.

basicly im looking for Marys parents and some confirmation of the marriage please if anyone can help/
many thanks
Ralph. Lever. Young. Lasham. Denigan. Sawyer. Moore. Stone

saville foljambe moore

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Albury family selborne
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 January 16 18:09 GMT (UK) »
FindMyPast has a transcript that confirms the marriage of Eli to Mary 29 Sept 1834 - record set Hampshire marriages
Also on there is Eli's baptism in 1812 and probably Marys in 1818

They are apparently from Hampshire datasets transcribed by Hampshire Genealogical Society
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rachelralph

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 January 16 09:15 GMT (UK) »
thank you Rosie. im starting to realise these people are all very closely related and i need to be careful when adding info to my tree from other peoples tree. lots of the same names in the same area in the same time frames, just a village over etc.
Ralph. Lever. Young. Lasham. Denigan. Sawyer. Moore. Stone

saville foljambe moore

Offline GannetDaisy

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 05 August 16 09:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Rachelralph
I share your view about caution regarding info on others trees, but I have some relavent information for you which is from the Hampshire Bishop Transcripts published by The Parish Register Transcription Society.
Mary Albury was baptised on 23/1/1818 @ St Mary's Church, Selborne, Hants
Her parents were Edward Albury and Elizabeth (Etherington) who married at St Mary's on 4/12/1806, in the presence of George Albury who I believe to be a brother.
As already confirmed to you Mary Albury married Eli Bone @ St Mary's on 29/9/1834, with witness Ann Albury who I believe to be Mary's sister born 1825.
I have found a number of siblings of Mary in Selborne baptism records, but none between 1806 and 1814, which suggests Edward and Elizabeth were living elsewhere.
There is a record of Edward Allbury being baptised on 5/3/1779 in East Worldham to Richard and Sarah Allbury, and I am reasonably certain this is your Edward, who in 1841 Census has a age of circa 60.
I am of the Bone Family, and Eli's father is claimed to be the brother of my direct fore-father, but I have never been able to find real evidence of this, only a claim in many other peoples trees.
Regarding James Bone born 1835 I have little info on his family after 1870, and must assume he emigrated with wife and three children.
Hope above answers some questions, and if you want more info please contact.