Author Topic: Help to find Parish Locator  (Read 4288 times)

Offline densavage

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Help to find Parish Locator
« on: Thursday 21 January 16 04:01 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone have the address of the site that has all the English Parishes listed,Not only does it list all the parishes but you can select a parish and then insert a distance say 10 miles and all the parishes within a radius of the original selected parish with the distance from it. I had this on my old computer for years and having just bought a new one the last one just gave up on me and all my sites went with it. I found it very helpful being in Australia and having miles between watering holes,
Thank you Dennis
Piercy Nfk .Buck Nfk. Vince Nfk. Meachen Nfk. Fuller Nfk. Green Swannington Nfk. Seaman Yaxham Nfk  Savage Sur/ Ham. Homan Cor/Ham. Higgins Gal/Ham. Knott  Thame Oxf. Maynard Great Haseley Oxf. Lewis Henley in Arden War.Woodhams Ken/Sus.Sargent Hastings. Waters Hastings.Evernden Hastings. Savery Hastings,
Colgan Gal. Keenan  Millisle & Belfast. Kane Dow. Mcaleese Belfast. Fitzpatrick Kik.
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help to find Parish Locator
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 January 16 04:15 GMT (UK) »
Is it "parloc"? (find it via a google search)

If so, it looks like you have to download it.

Genuki also has information about parishes. A thread here which you may be interested in:
http://forums.lc/genealogy/index.php?threads/parloc-parish-locator.511/

Offline sami

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grannie M
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 21 January 16 04:29 GMT (UK) »
There is also this interactive map from Family Search:

http://maps.familysearch.org

If you click on any of the counties you can then choose to get a list of parishes for that county. Scrolling down the list of parishes shows you where each one is in the county.

sami
England:  Archer, Bailey, Bates, Blower, Bosworth, Court, Hicklin, Orton, Palmer, Robbins, Sedgwick, Smith, Stevenson, Stone, Varnam, Wakelin, Walker
Canada:  Archer, Walker, Spencer, Shepherd
Australia:  Taplin
South Africa:  Risley

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 21 January 16 05:30 GMT (UK) »
I checked County Durham on the Family Search locator as I am more familiar with that county. Some parishes are missing. No Craghead or West Pelton for instance.

Durham County Council's Place Locator.

http://www.durhamrecordoffice.org.uk/Pages/Placenameindex.aspx

Offline densavage

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 21 January 16 06:21 GMT (UK) »
Something is strange here Ruskie was right on the button but? the site is http://www.parloc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk so I call that up and sure enough it is the right one I click on "down load" and up comes a task " You have chosen to open a file which is a Binary File /717kb  Would you like to save the file I click on the box that asks "Save File" A arrow hurtles off and disappears into the right upper corner of the screen. far too quick for downloading and I cannot find it so where has it gone?  I have Windows 10 which I am having trouble with as I have not a clue about computers, So the question is what do I do? Words no longer than one syllable please
Thanks from a old Dennis
Piercy Nfk .Buck Nfk. Vince Nfk. Meachen Nfk. Fuller Nfk. Green Swannington Nfk. Seaman Yaxham Nfk  Savage Sur/ Ham. Homan Cor/Ham. Higgins Gal/Ham. Knott  Thame Oxf. Maynard Great Haseley Oxf. Lewis Henley in Arden War.Woodhams Ken/Sus.Sargent Hastings. Waters Hastings.Evernden Hastings. Savery Hastings,
Colgan Gal. Keenan  Millisle & Belfast. Kane Dow. Mcaleese Belfast. Fitzpatrick Kik.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 21 January 16 06:30 GMT (UK) »
There is a "download" on the forum I provided a link to. Have you tried that?

Offline densavage

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 21 January 16 07:37 GMT (UK) »
Had another go and still the same thing happened
Dennis

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 21 January 16 09:05 GMT (UK) »
I checked County Durham on the Family Search locator as I am more familiar with that county. Some parishes are missing. No Craghead or West Pelton for instance.

The Family Search locator is for England & Wales Jurisdictions 1851. Craghead was in Lanchester All Saints until 1870 and West Pelton was in Pelton.

Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)