Author Topic: Henry Froom BECK of Newbury  (Read 2524 times)

Offline VillageDuckpond

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Henry Froom BECK of Newbury
« on: Thursday 21 January 16 15:22 GMT (UK) »
I have just discovered that I am a descendant of Henry Froom BECK, the well-known Newbury Town Crier who died in 1872. Are there any other descendants? If so, I would love to hear from you.
Barnett, Cousins, Flett, Foot, Foote, Fox, Graves, Grunnah, Rackstraw, Shipley, Vinter, Wasko, Wilson

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Froom BECK of Newbury
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 24 January 16 08:12 GMT (UK) »
Have you looked in Surname Interests, under Your Tools, below, to see if anyone is researching this surname and area?

Offline VillageDuckpond

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 24 January 16 09:26 GMT (UK) »
Have you looked in Surname Interests, under Your Tools, below, to see if anyone is researching this surname and area?

Thank you for your reply. Funnily enough I had a look last night but found nothing so added my BECK and GRAVES.
Barnett, Cousins, Flett, Foot, Foote, Fox, Graves, Grunnah, Rackstraw, Shipley, Vinter, Wasko, Wilson

Offline Margaret Walsh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 03 December 16 08:55 GMT (UK) »
He was my husband's great great grandfather.   Henry Froom Beck's son was John Nathaniel Beck born 1832, whose daughter was Sylvia Beck, whose daughter was Annie French, whose son was Edward Walsh (my husband).   I have more detailed information if you'd like it.
margaret

Offline VillageDuckpond

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 03 December 16 09:02 GMT (UK) »
Margaret, how lovely to receive your message re Henry Froom BECK. I am so pleased to hear from you. I shall now send you a personal message.

He was my husband's great great grandfather.   Henry Froom Beck's son was John Nathaniel Beck born 1832, whose daughter was Sylvia Beck, whose daughter was Annie French, whose son was Edward Walsh (my husband).   I have more detailed information if you'd like it.
margaret

Offline VillageDuckpond

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 03 December 16 09:10 GMT (UK) »
Margaret, I see you need another message on this board in order to reply to my private message so perhaps just say on here that you have receive it?

Margaret, how lovely to receive your message re Henry Froom BECK. I am so pleased to hear from you. I shall now send you a personal message.

margaret

Offline Margaret Walsh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 03 December 16 09:14 GMT (UK) »
OK.  :)

Offline hettyhen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 05 December 16 06:52 GMT (UK) »
Hello VillageDuckpond,
I had a query on the Gloucester board regarding a missing Maria Hannah Elizabeth CORBETT who was tracked down, with help. She had married Henry Froom/Frome BECK c1858-1896, son of John BECK & Matilda PARGETER and brother of Sylvia. Capetown referred me to the Berkshire Board and this thread so thought I would pop in and say hello. You may already have all the information about Maria & Henry, but good to meet another family member, however distant :)
HeatherR
Lanarkshire=Robertson-Ross-Russell-Neilson.
Staffordshire= Harrison-Jackson-Round
London=Poswillo-Hyams-Karby-Dossett-Baram-Detloff-Hyman
Gibralter=Poswillo
Dorset= Attwooll-Read-Northover
Australia=Karby-Meyer

Offline Margaret Walsh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 05 December 16 07:09 GMT (UK) »
How interesting to hear from you Heather.   Your John Beck was the eldest brother of Annie Beck.  She was my husband's grandmother.    I have John and Maria as having four children.
margaret