Author Topic: Miss Jones-Australia bound  (Read 2657 times)

Offline Philluke

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Miss Jones-Australia bound
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 14 January 17 21:30 GMT (UK) »
Lyric and Winnifred Lillian Jenkins were my grandparents and returned to Wales in 1934 with my mother and her sister. They had fond memories of Victoria but returned to run the farm at Heolddu.

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 15 January 17 11:23 GMT (UK) »
Hello Philluke
Whilst my main interest is of those with a connection to my home village of Brithdir; I am also a member of Gelligaer Historical Society and we produce an annual journal of articles on the old parish and others with an historical nature.  Your grandparents would fit the criteria, Bargoed, the next village/town to Brithdir, comes within the old parish.  I would be most interested to learn more of your grandparent's story, hope you can help.     
anything and everything to do with the village of Brithdir, near New Tredegar in Gwent.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Philluke

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 16 January 17 22:42 GMT (UK) »
Winnifred Lillian Jones, born 28/01/00 grew up in Penarth. She became a teacher and met Lydric Jenkins in Bargoed, they married and emigrated to Australia in 1926. Initially they spent time in Australia with relatives learning more about Australian farming practices then later they were given their own land in Katamatite near Katandra West, Victoria. My Aunt was born in 1930 and my mother in 1932. By 1934 drought hit the area and when Lydric's father died in Wales they decided to return home to farm at heolddu.

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 09:01 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the details, which adds to her story.  I wonder if you have any appropriate photographs that would enhance her story?

Regards, Roy
anything and everything to do with the village of Brithdir, near New Tredegar in Gwent.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk