Author Topic: Looking for OWENS................  (Read 4084 times)

Offline steve404

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Looking for OWENS................
« on: Friday 23 July 04 14:45 BST (UK) »
 ???
Hello, new to this board and returning to family tree searching after a short break.

My Great Grandmother was Margaret OWENS, she was born on Anglesey,(West side) around 1875, her father was John OWENS, who was a platelayer on the railways.
I believe Margaret moved to Chester at a young age to become a maid, but became pregnant and was banished to Panton Hall in Holywell again as a maid. She then on 29/6/1898 married my G Grandfather Frederick HEATHCOTE, John OWENS on the marriage cert is given as deceased, and the rest is history. I would like to know more about the OWENS' and where they lived as my wife is a Holyhead girl and it would be nice to know more about my links to the island.
Margaret died 8/12/1952 at Holywell where they farmed.
I think this line of OWENS' I think probably lived in the Valley area.
Any help appreciated, including census checks for the OWENS clan appreciated.

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for OWENS................
« Reply #1 on: Monday 02 August 04 13:19 BST (UK) »
Hello Steve,

And Welcome to RootsChat.  ;D

Have you found Margaret on the 1881 census?

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for OWENS................
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 11 February 06 13:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Steve

Well I hope this is good news for you

Firstly I looked for Margaret and Frederick to see where they were in 1901 and to see if Margaret's place of birth was more than just Anglesey. They were living in Holywell with one child Bessie aged 1 yr. Frederick was a Bailiff on a farm and born in Holywell about 1873 (age 27 in 1901) and Margaret was 26 and born in Llanfihangel in Anglesey.

Then to the 1881 to find her family. I tried OwenS but no luck so tried Owen and think I found them. They are living in Llanfihangel Esceifiog in a house called "Machine" Here are the details:

John Owen, 50, Farm Labourer, Llangefni
Anne, 50, Llanidan
Richard, 16, Farm Labourer, Llanfihangel
Moses, 14, Farm Labourer, Llanfihangel
Jane, 10, Scholar, Llanfihangel
Mary, 7, Scholar, Llafihangel
Margaret, 5 Scholar, Llanfihangel

In 1891 they are still living at the same address though all the children have left except for Richard and Jane. They have also changed the place of birth from Llanfihangel Esceifiog to Gaerwen which is in the same area. Gaerwen is about 2 miles north of Llanfairpwllgwyngyll (the long named station)

Hopefully this is the family you are looking for

Good Luck

Carol
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>