Author Topic: Likely burial ground  (Read 817 times)

Offline syljun

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Likely burial ground
« on: Monday 01 February 16 16:28 GMT (UK) »
1841 Census has John David age 75 and Elizabeth his wife age 70 living at Mount Pleasant, Llanelly. Where would be the likeliest Cemetery they would be buried. Cannot find them on 1851 Census so maybe died. Too many John David and Elizabeth's on Freebmd between these years.
Any suggestions?
Thanks, Syljun

Offline anthonygos

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Likely burial ground
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 17 February 16 14:10 GMT (UK) »
You could try Capel Newydd on Felinfoel Road and across the road from there up Sunny Hill there is a graveyard just 200 yds away
Dover/Moore/Gostling/Long/Lloyd/Crabb in Epping Essex and in Middlesex

Offline syljun

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Likely burial ground
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 March 16 19:27 BST (UK) »
Thank you anthonygos, Sorry to have taken so long but this couple is a mystery to me so left things alone for a while.
Concentrating on Elizabeth I have her on the 1861 Census living with her daughter Margaret and her husband Hector Howells at Bres Cottages, Llanelly. All seems correct with surname of David.Age given as 90yrs.
Unfortunately the surname David sometimes gets altered to Davies. Very  very common name.
In 2012 I sent for a Death Cert for a Elizabeth Davies age 97 who died 1866. Turns out she died at Bres Cottages but was a Widow of David Davies. Informant was Hector Howells of Bres Cottages. Cause of death unknown - no medical attendant. (Could there have been a mistake in husband's name by Registrar confused at the David and Davies.) Or am I the one confused.
F.M.Past has only three Elizabeth David death entries which do not seem to match up but Freebmnd has an entry which appears quite new to me with a different page no from F.M.Past.
Should I chance another wrong Cert. I could paper a wall with them.
Hence dilemma.
Thank you for your time and interest,
Syljun