Author Topic: help looking for a marriage please  (Read 2058 times)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: help looking for a marriage please
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 03 February 16 15:43 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, I can find no evidence of a Williams/Williams marriage.   I did wonder whether Ellen was married before  :-\

I still find it difficult to understand how the original researchers came to the conclusion that they had the correct baptisms for both William & Ellen without indication of a fathers name for either of them which would normally be found from the marriage cert.

William is consistent with his place of birth as Llanfair but a baptism in a non conformist church in Ruabon is quoted as his when there are possibilities in LLanfair.

I am really sorry that I am not able to take this any further for you. I keep wondering whether when the birth of the child whose certificate they have was registered Ellen misunderstood the maiden name question  :-\ 

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DORAN54

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 03 February 16 16:01 GMT (UK) »
thank you rosie for trying :)

Offline DORAN54

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 03 February 16 16:04 GMT (UK) »
i came up with one that looked promising but they were both widowed on  marriage record that was for liverpool cousin said didn't seem likely they would both be widowed at such  an early age and dismissed it??

Which marriage was that?  Lots of young marrieds were sadly widowed then remarried - did the fathers names/occupations match?
the thing that's putting them off is they were both only about 18 at the time it was the banns i found so doesn't say about fathers etc i'm going to have to tell them i can't help with this any further by the looks of it :-[thank you anyway