Author Topic: Not in 1881 census?  (Read 760 times)

Offline Joy Dean

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Not in 1881 census?
« on: Thursday 04 February 16 21:54 GMT (UK) »
William Joseph Brooks was born in Lambeth in 1862, youngest child of Mary Ann and Joseph William Brooks. His father died when William was a few months old and his mother remarried in 1869, to Richard Alexander Keartland.

In 1871 William was with his mother, stepfather and older sisters in Penton Place, Newington.
He married Elizabeth Frances Pullen in St Paul's Church in Newington in 1886. 
In 1891 William and Elizabeth were with their children in Westmacott Street, Camberwell. In 1901 they were in Wickham Street, Vauxhall, and in 1911 the family was in Bonnington Square, Lambeth.

In 1881 his sister Mary Ann Harriet was with her husband Charles Stephen Oliver in Camberwell, and his sister Elizabeth was with their mother, stepfather and stepsisters, Emma and Alberta, in Camberwell.
I cannot find William anywhere in 1881. I wondered if he might be in the army but cannot find a military record for him. Can anyone find him in 1881, please?

Offline Joy Dean

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Not in 1881 census?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 12 February 16 12:48 GMT (UK) »
William Joseph Brooks was born in Lambeth in 1862, youngest child of Mary Ann and Joseph William Brooks. His father died when William was a few months old and his mother remarried in 1869, to Richard Alexander Keartland.

In 1871 William was with his mother, stepfather and older sisters in Penton Place, Newington.
He married Elizabeth Frances Pullen in St Paul's Church in Newington in 1886. 
In 1891 William and Elizabeth were with their children in Westmacott Street, Camberwell. In 1901 they were in Wickham Street, Vauxhall, and in 1911 the family was in Bonnington Square, Lambeth.

In 1881 his sister Mary Ann Harriet was with her husband Charles Stephen Oliver in Camberwell, and his sister Elizabeth was with their mother, stepfather and stepsisters, Emma and Alberta, in Camberwell.
I cannot find William anywhere in 1881. I wondered if he might be in the army but cannot find a military record for him. Can anyone find him in 1881, please?

A correction:
In 1881 his sister Mary Ann Harriet was with her husband Charles Stephen Oliver in Camberwell, and his sister Elizabeth was with their mother, stepfather and half sisters, Emma and Alberta, in Camberwell.