Author Topic: Queensland Courier Mail look up  (Read 4969 times)

Offline Billyblue

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Queensland Courier Mail look up
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 05 March 16 14:21 GMT (UK) »
Transcript sent re Brian Oliver death 2001.

Hi
  I am still waiting t hear the Queensland BMD as to why James has two death entries.  Request sent over a week ago!

Maybe they are still trying to work it out themselves ? ???  ::)  ::)

Dawn M
Denys (France); Rossier/Rousseau (Switzerland); Montgomery (Antrim, IRL & North Sydney NSW);  Finn (Co.Carlow, IRL & NSW); Wilson (Leicestershire & NSW); Blue (Sydney NSW); Fisher & Barrago & Harrington(all Tipperary, IRL)

Offline Helena11a

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 05 March 16 14:46 GMT (UK) »
I know here (UK) no funeral can be held until the death has been registered which if there is an inquest can hold this up so I think that death is initially registered then after the inquest re registered.  Maybe that happened in this case

Offline Helena11a

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 17 March 16 10:05 GMT (UK) »
I have finally received a reply from Queensland BMD and they state

I have reviewed the 2 records in question and can confirm the record you are after is 1975/B59493.

The other record was indexed incorrectly, this error has now bee corrected and should be updated on the website within the next 24 hours.

Thank you for your assistance, without your email we would not have located the error as quickly.

So it was n indexing error!

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 17 March 16 10:15 GMT (UK) »
Have you considered contacting Queensland BDM to ask them why there's two?   Probably best to quote both reference numbers,  but perhaps it is one certificate, and entered twice on the index because perhaps the indexer had difficulty reading the reference number.   :)
https://www.qld.gov.au/contact-us/#form
(How embarassing would it be for the Qld BDM registrar if they don't know the answer)   
The two 1975 reference numbers are : B57993     and    B59493

and
I have finally received a reply from Queensland BMD and they state

I have reviewed the 2 records in question and can confirm the record you are after is 1975/B59493.

The other record was indexed incorrectly, this error has now bee corrected and should be updated on the website within the next 24 hours.

Thank you for your assistance, without your email we would not have located the error as quickly.

So it was n indexing error!

I was starting to think that they could not figure out 57993 and 59493 were likely mis-reads on the second and third digits .... ie  "79" versus "94" 

Many thanks for letting us know their response.   

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Helena11a

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 17 March 16 10:32 GMT (UK) »
No problem