Author Topic: Hill Cemetery Ballymacoda  (Read 973 times)

Offline ruthi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hill Cemetery Ballymacoda
« on: Thursday 03 March 16 23:12 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know or can tell me how to find out when the last internment took place at the Hill Cemetery in Ballymacoda?  I have looked at the terrific info put together by the Historic Graves people but can't figure out when they stopped burials.  My surname Murray is listed on the Historic grave list but there is only the  name listed, no info. 
Also, after that cemetery stopped being used, where would Catholics be buried?  We believe my grandfather's brother, Patrick Murray, lived into the early 1950's in the family home in Knockadoon.
We don't know where he might be buried.  His brother William Murray is thought to have lived in a place north of Knockadoon called Greenland and I wonder if they might be buried together, neither having married.
Any suggestions are welcome.  Ruthi
County Cork - Knockadoon and Ballyandreen
- Murray / Shanahan
County Galway  Glassilaun
- O'Malley / Coyne / Kane
Sweden
   Lundberg/Lambert     goteborgs
   Gothe       orebro

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hill Cemetery Ballymacoda
« Reply #1 on: Friday 04 March 16 00:31 GMT (UK) »
Not answering your question but,
did you see this page
http://historic graves.com/hill-ballymacoda/co-thbm-0067/grave

Richard Murray, son Thomas, daughter Catherine all died 1819, in the space of 3 months. How sad.

Offline ruthi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Hill Cemetery Ballymacoda
« Reply #2 on: Friday 04 March 16 05:27 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Sinann,
I did see the listing for the 3 Murrays you mentioned.  From my info my Murray family went to Knockadoon from the Ballycotton area about 30 years after those other Murray's passed on.  There could be a connection I have not yet found.  I do believe that particular cemetery should be where, at least some,  of my Murrays were buried but so far cannot find any proof.  I guess if this was easy, the discoveries, when they happen,  would not be so exciting.
Thank you for replying.  Ruthi
County Cork - Knockadoon and Ballyandreen
- Murray / Shanahan
County Galway  Glassilaun
- O'Malley / Coyne / Kane
Sweden
   Lundberg/Lambert     goteborgs
   Gothe       orebro