Author Topic: Juggins/Fenwick  (Read 3111 times)

Offline D13

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Juggins/Fenwick
« on: Thursday 24 March 16 09:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am the great granddaughter of Herbert Fenwick.  So my great great grandfather is also named Herbert Fenwick and was married to Elizabeth Juggins.  If you need anymore information regarding the Fenwick's then I may be able to help.  Unfortunately none of the family know much about the Juggins side.  Also the siblings you mentioned are no longer alive?

Regards

Dawn

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Juggins/Fenwick
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 24 March 16 10:45 GMT (UK) »
Hello Dawn - Welcome to RootsChat :)

Can you tell us a bit more about the family in terms of their rough ages and where they might have lived?

There is a marriage  in 1907 in Grimsby of a Herbert Fenwick age 20 to and Elizabeth Juggins age 22 with fathers Joseph Fenwick and Henry Juggins.   Could this be the right family??

Searching the FreeBMD site there is a birth in Grimsby in the June Qtr of 1913 of a Herbert Fenwick with his mothers maiden name listed as Juggins

Kay

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 24 March 16 11:14 GMT (UK) »
BAPTISM;
St James, Grimsby, Lincolnshire
WILFRED Fenwick, 6 Nov 1907 (birth 20 Oct 1907)
Parents HERBERT/ELIZABETH Fenwick
Fathers Occp Fireman
2 others at St Barnabas, Grimsby;
ROY BYRON Fenwick 12 Oct 1919 (birth 27 Sept 1919) same Parents, Father a Carter
MABEL ELIZABETH Fenwick, 21 Oct 1926 (birth 7 Oct 1826, same Parents, Father a Coalman

Familysearch has a MAUD ALLAR Fenwick marrying 1932 age 21, Father Herbert

1911 Elizabeth and Children are under FENNICK

Cant post 1911 deatils due to copyright issues.
But index has Elizabeth born c 1885 Darlaston, Staffordshire,

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 24 March 16 11:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Welcome to rootschat  :)

Is this the post you are replying to
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=639765.msg4868120#msg4868120

Hi

I have just found the marriage, for Elizabeth Juggins and Herbert Fenwick, Grimsby 1907

Margp

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline D13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 24 March 16 17:04 GMT (UK) »
Hello Kay
Here goes, hope you can make sense of the following:-
27.07.1907 Gt Grimsby marriage between Herbert Fenwick & Elizabeth Juggins, they went onto have Bert Juggins (Major Herbert), Wilf (married Muriel, no children), Maud (married George Lane (children-Connie, Ethel, George, John, Harriet (dob 1914 dec'd), Captain Herbert (married Mary Beer-children-Roberta, Richard -(died as a baby), Harriet (died aged 26 of TB, not children, Roy (married-children Roy, Yvonne, Irene, Glen, Sam (dec'd), John also know as Jack (married Elizabeth May, no children) Mabel (married Sam- child Ronnie, but not by Sam?)  It appears that Major Herbert was the first born but always went under the name of Juggins, know one in the family knows what happened to him?  So Captain Herbert deceased was my grandfather.  It also appears that there are three men named Herbert.  Herbert Fenwick who married Elizabeth Juggins died at the age of 42 after being kicked in the groin by a pig?  The only surviving family of the above are the children.  All the family come from the Grimsby area and all the men were employed on the sea.  I hope this is of help to you.  If you do know what became of Major Herbert Juggins/Fenwick I would love to know.

Regards  Dawn

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 24 March 16 18:00 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the info.  Do you think that the first Herbert was born before Elizabeth Juggins and Herbert Fenwick married which might be why he used the surname Juggins?   

I don't know what happened to him at the moment, but someone else might.  Have you had a look in the 1939 Register to see if you can find him??

Kay

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 24 March 16 18:32 GMT (UK) »
Freebmd has a Bertie Juggins birth  registered in Gainsborough district Lincs in Q4 1903. If you look at the 1901 census for Elizabeth Juggins pre her marriage, she was also living in Gainsborough with her family, so this could be him.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 24 March 16 18:39 GMT (UK) »
There's a Bertie Juggins who married in Dover district in 1934 and possibly the same one who died in Wrekin district in 1987. His dob is 30 Aug 1903, which is stretching it for a birth registration in Q4 1903, but still in the 6 week period if registered very early in the quarter.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 24 March 16 19:07 GMT (UK) »
There is a family tree on Anc that lists Bertie Juggins born 30 August 1903 at the son of John Juggins born 1861 Staffordshire and wife Ann Maria.   John Juggins dies in Gainsborough in 1907 and Bertie is not living with the family in 1911.   

The tree  is difficult to access but I think Elizabeth Juggins/Fenwick is the daughter of John and Ann Maria (both from Staffordshire) and Bertie came to live with Elizabeth his sister when his father died??

The birth date ties in well with the later info that LizzieL found

Edit - I think Elizabeth and parents  in 1901living in Gainsborough as mentioned by LizzieL.   All but the last three children born Darleston , Staffordshire

John Jaggins 39
Annie M Jaggins    36
Elizabeth Jaggins 16
John T Jaggins    13
Samuel J Jaggins 11
Charles R Jaggins 10
Harry Jaggins    7
William Jaggins    5
Harriett Jaggins    2