Author Topic: Families of Waimamaku and further afield.  (Read 2460 times)

Offline bmarkrundle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Families of Waimamaku and further afield.
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 01 June 16 16:02 BST (UK) »
Hi, thanks for the kind offer. If it's not too late I'd love to get copies of Parlane photographs - Robert & Rachel are my GGGparents.
Fisher - Gahagan - Kelly - Gibson - Keymer - Whyte - Parlane - Rundle - Hopkins - Panckhurst - McCloskie/McCliskie - Johnston - Clayton - Somervell/Somerville - Northey

Offline Kaypow

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 25 May 17 17:59 BST (UK) »
Hi there, I know this post was originally created a long time ago, but I'm wondering if you still have the picture of Dorothy, Marjorie, Lexie McMurtrie. Please let me know. Thanks! -K

Offline mrsletts

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 15 March 19 04:53 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
My husband is a direct descendant of William Mather Letts and Minnie Emily Letts who came to NZ from Warwickshire, England in the late 1800s. They lived out their lives in Waimamaku. They had a shop there and William was the postmaster for the area. We only discovered this family link last year when I started a family tree. We went to visit Waimamaku and were thrilled to see the building that was the second shop the family owned (the first one burnt down). We also met descendants of a number of families who lived in Waimamaku when our Letts ancestors were there. It was an amazing experience.
I see that your post was from 2016, but I hope you get this message. I would love to see any digital photos if you have copies.
Thank you and best wishes